Pear shaped friends wanted! :)

Options
amw1919
amw1919 Posts: 74 Member
I am new (3 weeks in) and just starting to reach out for motivation! I'm 22 and want to lose 15-22 lbs. I consider myself to be pear shaped. I swear the top half of my body doesn't match the bottom half! If you see the top half you'd think I was thin and in shape; the bottom half on the other hand is a different story... I'd love some friends that can relate!

Replies

• BreederUK
    BreederUK Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You don't look pear shaped to me! 22 pounds is easily achievable.

Add me I'm new and from England.
  • nico1025
    nico1025 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am exactly the same, pear shaped, small on top and heavy on the bottom :( I hate it, I recently started doing barre workout, I heard it's really good, you should check it out, and I just got on MFP today, so hoping to see some transformation in the pear lol
  • nico1025
    nico1025 Posts: 8
    Options
    how is 22 lbs easily achievable? give us some tips abby and I are both trying to lose 15-20, any tips will help? thanks
  • BreederUK
    Options
    My diet and workout regime is strict. I wake up every weekday at 5.15am to be at the gym as soon as it opens. I drink a cup of coffee before I go.

I do 1 hour on the cross trainer, 1 hour on the exercise bike, run 1 mile on the treadmill and then 45 mins of resistance training.

I typically burn 1200 cals every weekday in the gym. See here:

https://www.polarpersonaltrainer.com/shared/exercise.ftl?shareTag=150255c957719680c2595a066c695c3e

I eat a strict diet - I don't record it on MFP but if you check my diary I made an entry a few days ago. I eat pretty much the same thing every day. I only alternate between chicken and salmon for dinner.

One tip keep a food diary either a paper one or here. It will help you control your intake.

This is just my tips - I'm not the expert just what works for me.
  • BreederUK
    Options
    Should point out I lost 50kg 8 years ago over 9 months doing what I described above. Unfortunately I put it all back on but I've been back on my regime for a month now.
  • hiphopbunnie
    Options
    I am new (3 weeks in) and just starting to reach out for motivation! I'm 22 and want to lose 15-22 lbs. I consider myself to be pear shaped. I swear the top half of my body doesn't match the bottom half! If you see the top half you'd think I was thin and in shape; the bottom half on the other hand is a different story... I'd love some friends that can relate!

i am definitely a pear shape! i mainly joined MFP to slim down my huge thighs lol. i hate shopping for jeans! sent a friend request :)
  • eeriesilence
    eeriesilence Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I definitely know how you feel! Baby birthing hips don't really cover what I have going on down there. Friending you~
  • melaniedsm
    melaniedsm Posts: 55
    Options
    Add me, I can for sure relate.
  • mcclellan82
    Options
    I feel ya love..tho over time I have evened out a bit..I still got those "birthing hips" still hanging around =) Hang in there with persistence it will happen. I found this little article, but like it states there isn't really a "specific work out for body shape" but there are areas you can help tone that might help you. Good luck my dear!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/349614-the-best-exercises-for-a-pear-shape/
  • mowbry
    mowbry Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Im a Pippa pear, but we are supposed to be the healthiest shapes as we don't carry fat around our organs.

I always go to the gym really early for a workout then come home and have a good protein breakfast. Eggs and salmon mostly as it tastes good and keeps me full for 3 hours. I'm not that good on the cross trainer as I get pins and needles on the soles of my feet however I jog 5k on a 1.5% incline six times a week. So far I have lost 16lbs, nearly 3 inches off my thighs and 2 inches off my hips. Hips are hard as they get wider when you have children and I've had two big sons.
  • mowbry
    mowbry Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good link #mcclellan82
  • elizzlebizzle
    elizzlebizzle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Pear shaped here and also looking for friends! I'll add you. I'm 5'9, 28, measurements 34 / 29 / 45 if that's any indicator for just how much pear I've got going on :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    My diet and workout regime is strict. I wake up every weekday at 5.15am to be at the gym as soon as it opens. I drink a cup of coffee before I go.

I do 1 hour on the cross trainer, 1 hour on the exercise bike, run 1 mile on the treadmill and then 45 mins of resistance training.

I typically burn 1200 cals every weekday in the gym. See here:

https://www.polarpersonaltrainer.com/shared/exercise.ftl?shareTag=150255c957719680c2595a066c695c3e

I eat a strict diet - I don't record it on MFP but if you check my diary I made an entry a few days ago. I eat pretty much the same thing every day. I only alternate between chicken and salmon for dinner.

One tip keep a food diary either a paper one or here. It will help you control your intake.

This is just my tips - I'm not the expert just what works for me.

So 3 hours at the gym? That's crazy. That's why it's not sustainable.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped and I found that squats and deadlifts have helped my shape more than anything. I was afraid they'd make my bottom bigger, but instead they've lifted and toned things so they're higher and tighter. you can do heavy barbell lifts but I found that even bodyweight and dumbbell lifts helped a lot :)
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Pear shape here I have worked hard to build upper body muscle, I find the fat on my hips and thighs is the last to go. By working out hard with weights I have maintained my upper body muscle while eating at a deficit and losing fat.
  • coaoalo
    coaoalo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I'm 22 from the UK.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    Options
    PeAr ????
  • stephbjohnsen
    Options
    I get so nervous posting intros to random strangers. I've been all over the board in the last 8 years. I developed anorexia nervosa at 16 for a year and dropped from a 4 streak at a comfortable 135 lb to 112 lb in 6 months. I'm 5'8" so I was pretty thin. Then I met my husband in college and started to pack on about 15 pounds a year. Our lifestyle was so busy and stressful we only ever ate out because we were living with people and sharing a kitchen can be like sharing a toothbrush. My highest weight was about 175 lb. Then my change started to happen when we moved to Egypt last year. I'm guessing it was the combination of walking everywhere, sweating in the humidity and heat, stress, experiencing new food, and living on a 5th floor walk up. I lost about 10 pounds but couldn't tell where it came from, everything still fit horribly. Starting in the spring I lost 5 pounds when I started a new job and people started to notice, but I still couldn't see it. I went back to the States for a month and dropped 10 pounds just from being able to eat cleaner. Now that I am back in Egypt and I don't have a scale anymore I have no idea what I weigh but I can tell that since my trip back to the States things are fitting better. Hopefully the improvements will continue.
    I am a pear shape 34", 29", 41" and I would really love to tone up my arms, core and legs.
  • LindseyLinea
    LindseyLinea Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am pear shape also. I am small up top and bottom part is a lot larger. I started out needing to lose about the same 20 pounds. I don't do the gym well or exercise dvds or anything. the one thing I found that has helped me is walking. I walk 4.5 miles a day 5 days a week. I have lost 13 pounds so far. YAY!! Almost to goal weight. You can add me if you like. And the walking has really helped my bottom half. My favorite pair of jeans are now hanging off of me. I am 5'1". My goal weight is 115 and current weight is 122. Please feel free to add me.
  • lgriffithschall
    lgriffithschall Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Pear here too! I sometimes wonder if I don't have lipedema (I weigh just under 170, but my calf circumference is 20 inches) since my bottom half seems to be distorted. Everyone says though that if you're built this way, that is the last place that weight loss occurs. I run 3-5 miles three times a week and do step-aerobics on my off days -- it's slow progress losing from the waist down, but it is happening!