How do I stop MFP comments on food entries?

Options
tinapiro
tinapiro Posts: 1 Member
I've noticed that the site settings have changed where it now leaves comments on each food entry. I like to keep track of what I eat, but I don't want this site nagging me for having an order of fries every once in a while. How do I get rid of this?

Replies

• Janette3x4
    Janette3x4 Posts: 135
    Options
    Ah yes, the gentle "reminders"! I eat a plant based diet, so I constantly get the "Your goal is (such and such) of carbohydrates", etc. I will keep an eye on this thread to see if there is a answer to your question, because I would like to know too.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I noticed that, too, when using the phone app (I don't see it on the computer--or I must mentally block it, lol). Yeah, yeah, thanks MFP, I'm eatin' my stinkin' spinach salad (snark). Oh, you don't LIKE my Taco Bell entry--be glad, MFP, that I'm logging it and being accountable for my choices. Meh--not a way to block it, that I've seen. Bleh, ignore it. As long as daily goals are met and the scale moves the right way most of time, you're winning!
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Where are these comments showing up?
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    these comments have started to appear when logging food entries through the app. this week so far it has congratulated me on my lunch because it was low in sat. fat and a vanilla latte because it was high in protein. I can see how it might irritate people, probably best to try and ignore it. :smile:
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Ooh weird, when did this start? Haven't noticed it yet but I haven't updated my app in a while
  • twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've heard this is only with the Android app and at the moment there is no way to turn it off. I have an iPhone and I don't get the "reminders"
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    shutyourpieholeandsquat Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    if the computer starts doing that I'll drop kick that ***** out the window. I rarely use the phone app.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    This has been happening since Early May if you are an android user and were unfortunate to update the App.

As far as I can tell you cannot shut it off, but I did get yelled at yesterday "You are getting close to your goal of XX calories" Yeah I still had over 900 calories left to eat.
  • ThatMouse
    ThatMouse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I had a good laugh when it complimented me on my choice of S'Mores Pop Tarts as being "full of healthy fats". Potentially true, I just found it very ironic coming from an app like MFP.

I don't have my iPhone anymore, but these started cropping up about a week or two ago on my Android. They don't come up on the website for me.

I like when it tells me I hit my protein goal, though, I always have trouble with that one and seeing that "Yay! You've hit your protein goal for today!" message makes me feel happy.
  • ThatMouse
    ThatMouse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    As far as I can tell you cannot shut it off, but I did get yelled at yesterday "You are getting close to your goal of XX calories" Yeah I still had over 900 calories left to eat.
    Whoa, that's crazy... I don't get those messages, even if I'm close to my caloric limit when I log my food in. I wonder why?
  • sebastyenstorm
    Options
    Thank The Maker that I have an iPhone, so have never dealt with this - though I'm sure that it is coming.
    I wonder how long it will be around?
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I tend to log my food on the computer instead of the app. Those msgs would annoy the heck out of me.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Whoa, that's crazy... I don't get those messages, even if I'm close to my caloric limit when I log my food in. I wonder why?

It was a first for me, I was like Thanks MFP, I do know my calorie goal and I do have a few hundred more calories to eat. It might have been because I was logging my dinner at noon but I wanted to make sure I had enough calories for what I was eating lol
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Oh, is that what that was yesterday? :tongue: I rarely use the phone app, but I was wondering why it was saying something about my daily limit of fats, or something. It's not huge, so it seems easy to ignore, but yeah, it would be nice to have the option to turn it off.
  • pawsnpurrs
    pawsnpurrs Posts: 39
    Options
    Yippppeee having the worlds oldest puter clunker and not any apps or cellphones OMG if I see comments popping up on computer food log in I will pull its motherboard...in the 70s we would just rip the wires out of the circuit board, jam the 029 cards, smudge the key tape drop kick the sorter and reproducer yes I did work on the first computers... stop doing that HAL...LOL
  • marz1pan
    marz1pan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It congratulated me the other day for eating a bag of chips because they were "full of healthy fats" but then complains that eggs are "high in cholesterol."
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Glad they aren't doing this on the main site, there's a bunch of complaints about it in the tech support half of the site. It's another of those amazing upgrades like the changes to the food search.
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I really hate the little comments the app makes when I log my food. I read the nutrition labels, I'm fully aware of what I'm putting into my body, thankyouverymuchNOT! If I wanted people to comment on my food choices, I'd listen to my family members who seem intent on sabotaging my attempt to get healthier.
  • bloodofareptile
    bloodofareptile Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just started getting them today and I'm finding them very annoying. It was giving me a hard time about my "sugar goal", which I don't even have! I wish the app display + this was as customizable as the website.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I hate it when it says "You've already had 5 beers today. Try drinking some water."