How do I stop MFP comments on food entries?

Options
2»

Replies

• maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    As a flexible dieter I would get yelled at literally every day lol
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I hate it when it says "You've already had 5 beers today. Try drinking some water."

:laugh: :heart:
  • danahubley
    danahubley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I hate it when it says "You've already had 5 beers today. Try drinking some water."
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Haahaa MyPassiveAggresiveFitnessPal strikes again! Mine only started doing this yesterday. It amuses me. It just scolded me for the sodium in my Miso Soup.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am mostly ignoring the comments . I had to chuckle when it congratulated me on a quarter pounder burger have a lot of protien lol
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I actually like them. *shrug*
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    So dumb. I mean, many MANY people would argue that including a few favorite treats as part of an overall healthy diet is not only okay, but a legit GOOD IDEA because it encourages long-term adherence to your diet plan. If the app is going to scold me for including one item with a bad nutritional profile even if my overall plan is healthy, that's just encouraging f***ed up attitudes toward food.
  • KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options

LOL
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I just logged 500g of "Human Flesh - Fat Roasted Belly" and it reminded me that my fat goal is 33 g per day....
  • skinnysushicat
    skinnysushicat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It congratulated me the other day for eating a bag of chips because they were "full of healthy fats" but then complains that eggs are "high in cholesterol."
    Yes, I got a warning about my boiled egg but my glass of wine was 'low in saturated fat'!!!

I'm suspicious - this would be an advertising gold mine for food companies. Diet Coke? Low in sugar! Nutella? High in calcium! Double burger and fries at McDonalds? Great, you hit your protein goal! Whether this would actually help anyone get slimmer and fitter is doubtful...considering that for most of us, it is an excess of these kinds of foods that mean we needed to use MFP to start with.
  • DanieRCC
    DanieRCC Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I thought it was great when it told me my wine was a good choice due to high iron content. Thank you MFP and Cheers!
  • mdboxberger
    mdboxberger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too want to disable these - takes up too much screen space when I want to scan to see what all I've logged.

Please make it an optional feature.
  • riding5023
    Options
    You can turn it off in diary settings...
    I discovered this after I had a 732kcal BK Steakhouse Angus burger and it congratulated me on my high protein choice. Don't need your advice, MFP!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It congratulated me the other day for eating a bag of chips because they were "full of healthy fats" but then complains that eggs are "high in cholesterol."
    Yes, I got a warning about my boiled egg but my glass of wine was 'low in saturated fat'!!!

I'm suspicious - this would be an advertising gold mine for food companies. Diet Coke? Low in sugar! Nutella? High in calcium! Double burger and fries at McDonalds? Great, you hit your protein goal! Whether this would actually help anyone get slimmer and fitter is doubtful...considering that for most of us, it is an excess of these kinds of foods that mean we needed to use MFP to start with.
    Gee, I wonder if any of that had anything to do with it. ;)
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I had no clue this was a feature. Out of morbid curiosity, I've turned it on. It probably won't last long. LOL
  • wellsandy
    wellsandy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Go into Settings then Diary Settings and tick the box next to Show Diary Food Insights . That will turn them off.

They drove me to contacting the help desk people who first tried to tell me that it was an often requested feature. Later they contacted me again to let me know that a later update would allow them to be turned off. Yipppeeeee!!!
  • bella_53
    bella_53 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you @wellsandy 😀 I know I'm a little late, but since I just had to reinstall the app today I just started getting the "insights" that others are addressing here. It must be a default setting but un-toggling Show Diary Food Insights took care of it in a snap! Thx again!