Low(er) Cal Dessert Ideas???

Options
Have company coming for dinner tonight, I would like to serve some kind of dessert but would like to keep it simple and as low cal as possible. Any ideas and recipes out there???

Replies

• michie311
    michie311 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! A great dessert recipe thats low cal and fat free is Angel food cake with yogurt honey glaze. Or you can top each slice of cake with strawberries and fat free cool whip! Very light and yummy!
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    Hello! A great dessert recipe thats low cal and fat free is Angel food cake with yogurt honey glaze. Or you can top each slice of cake with strawberries and fat free cool whip! Very light and yummy!

Ooooh! I agree. This is a classic and everyone loves it! (Especially me....what time should I be there?!)
  • Jenki13
    Options
    Eating well might have some good recipes & it has all the nutritional values at the bottom of them
    This isn't bad calories wise for a chocolate dessert! -
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/mini_molten_chocolate_cakes_with_mocha_sauce.html
  • asharkin
    asharkin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If you want something a little lighter kraftfoods.com has a recipe called Angel Lush that is very good & elegant looking too. But it is SUPER easy to make & good for you too!

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/angel-lush-pineapple-74114.aspx
  • JenniferAnnS
    Options
    Marangue nests with fresh friut might be nice
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Angel food cake with strawberries and cool whip. Low cal, no fat/low fat!!! And yummy!!!
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick replies! I took your suggestion and found little angel food cakes and bought frozen berries that I will thaw and mix with some splenda and spoon onto the cakes with light cool whip to top!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Next time find a traditional cheesecake recipe and swap out the full fat creamcheese and sour cream for fat free and sub splenda for baking instead of the sugar. I've made this so many times and no one can tell. Top it with defrosted frozen berries so they have the natural juice and that's about as healthy as you can get
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Thanks Brityn! I may have to try that another time!

I bought little sponge cakes and topped them with the Dole Frozen Berries (with a little bit of splenda mixed in.)and light cool whip. the whole thing turned out to be about 220 calories and was soooo good! Everyone loved dessert!!! So thanks for the quick ideas!! And I didn't go over my calorie allowance!!!