Bottomless Pit

Options
I've been following my plan pretty well the past few months and have seen some good losses in that time. Today, I am a bottomless pit. It's not craving, not bingeing, just hungry. I had a nap for the first time in years as well and have been tired lately. My macros are good, im not deficient in anything.

What I'm wondering is if some days our bodies just say "I need a break, I'm tired of converting fat t to energy and need you to EAT so I can recharge". In deficit I'm eating 2200 calories per day, today I'm probably over 3000. Anyone have any answers or experience the same thing from time to time? I'm also a bit ticked that this had to happen the day after I hit a new low on the scale LOL.

Replies

• IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I definitely have 'hungry' days. I eat til my stomach is happy. Your body knows what it needs and I think it's good to listen.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    During days you want more food, eat at your calories maintenance level. There is nothing wrong with occasional breaks.
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    During days you want more food, eat at your calories maintenance level. There is nothing wrong with occasional breaks.
    I've done that once or twice. So this gets my vote.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    You could just be coming down with a touch of something. Your body sounds like it knows what its doing. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I definitely have days like that, so I eat more once I've established that yes, I am hungry and it's not stress/boredom/emotions. I also find that it coincides with being tired, at least for me. I've been making an effort in the last week to get more sleep and to make sure I take two rest days and space them out, rather than 5 days on/weekends off. I think that was part of the problem.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Did you have a hard workout yesterday? Usually the day after lifting I am like that.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I did a 25 min run yesterday, which is about the max I can do (coming off c25k). Last month I really pushed myself with workouts but this week I've really laid off the exercise. I don't often get really hungry after/day after a workout although I found yesterday's run particularly difficult.
  • alexagia
    alexagia Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sometimes hunger pains just mean that you're thirsty. If you're hungry when you know you shouldn't be, just drink a glass of water.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Your body really does know what it needs. I've learned, in the past several months, it's good to just listen to it. Trust it. Try drinking some water, if you're still hungry, then eat.