Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Not Feeling Good On Walk Today

Hi. First of all, I am used to walking briskly for 30 minutes. I just got back from walking. It is 70 degrees outside with 44% humidity and a good breeze. I felt great for the first 20 minutes. After that, not so good. I just felt hot, and kind of like I should sit down and rest. Kind of lightheaded, I guess. I kept on going. It is now 10 minutes after I quit walking, and my heart is still not down to a normal pace. I feel a little shaky. I do not have blood sugar problems, but I am hungry. I am going to eat and see if that helps.

Has anyone experienced this? My heart has always been fine with exercise. In fact, I just had a stress test. The EKG looked great, but I don't have the rest of the results back yet. I have had them in the past, and they were fine.

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Well, I guess nobody knows what to think or say. I've been feeling fine ever since. Did my usual workout at the gym tonight.
  • quiltlady77
    quiltlady77 Posts: 93 Member
    Do you suppose your b.p. may have been up? Other than that I have no idea.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Well, maybe it was just a fluke. If it keeps happening, you might worry but one time, probably ok. Glad you're feeling better.
  • timodawson
    timodawson Posts: 41 Member
    Sounds like maybe you were dehydrated.
  • woodsidemember
    woodsidemember Posts: 8 Member
    I think you need to see your Dr. I m a nurse and used to work and run stress tests for a Dr, they are not always 100% correct, let your Dr hear your symptoms and go from there.

Wishing the best for you.
  • arabianhorselover
    Thanks for the replies. I walked for an hour this morning with no problem. It must have been a combination of the warm day, pushing myself, and maybe having too much caffeine and sugar before I went. Also drank some water, but not all that much before I went.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    I think Tim is on the right track: sounds like dehydration and mild heat exhaustion:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/heat-exhaustion/basics/symptoms/CON-20033366

Glad you're feeling better today!
  • arabianhorselover
    You may be right. I had some of those symptoms. I just didn't think I could get that in such a short time.