Protein Bar Recommendation?

Options
endermako
endermako Posts: 787 Member
I'm currently eating the Special K Double Chocolate Protein Bar. I eat it about an hour before my evening workout. I was wondering if there was something better than this? I'm open to try anything that is affordable. I just happened to see this at Wal-Mart and I picked it up. Something with less carbs would be preferable as I keep reaching my max carbs everyday and it annoys me :(

Replies

• GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I use the Atkins products, they have bars targeted for treats, snacks, and meal replacement. The one I like is the Snack Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat Bar, 170 cal, 11 g fat, 20 g carb (11 g fiber - 2 g net carbs) and 9 g protein. Not sure if that meets your needs or not.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I purchased a lot of the Quest Bars and so far all the flavors have been really good. The consistency is a bit off almost like a taffy consistency but not as stretchy I dunno hard to explain. I like them though and would recommend.
  • deadducky112
    deadducky112 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are high in protein, low in carbs and taste really good. They are a little pricier than others but are soo soo worth it.
  • Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    quest bars!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Quest bars

Put on wax paper and in microwave for 12 - 15 seconds.
    Enjoy
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are high in protein, low in carbs and taste really good. They are a little pricier than others but are soo soo worth it.

^ This. Can't beat the taste of quest bars.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    While not a bar per se, Ostrim has meat snacks that are high protein, low carb/calorie.

Thing is they are a bit "out of the box" in terms of ingredients - they are either beef and ostrich, or beef and elk.

The jerky has 10g of protein, 2g carbs and 60 cals
    The meat sticks are 14g of protein, 2g of carbs and 80 (to 90) cals
  • BeautyBMe
    BeautyBMe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love my Quest Bars!
  • mjedy16
    mjedy16 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Which flavor Quest bar?
  • jaggerhawks
    jaggerhawks Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Like everyone will probably say, quest bars. Tried them all because my friends at Quest sent me boxes to try. All of the nutritional stats are solid and they taste great (microwaved only, in my opinion.) Cookie dough and Double chocolate chunk quest bar FTW...not a fan of the new cookies and cream ones.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else, I also like quest bars. They're really good microwaved too!
  • rahrah6459
    rahrah6459 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My favorite Quest bar so far is the White Chocolate and Raspberry. So good!
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    On amazon they are about 24 bucks for 12. A little pricey but I might be able to swing it
  • EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Eat Good Look Great Bars. 22 grams of protein, 2 grams of sugar. you can find them for .89 - 1.00 on sale at Kroger most of the time and they are my favorite!
  • tmjdunn
    tmjdunn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have been using ThinkThin high protein bars as well as the target knock offs of the Pure Protein ones and i like them both. I struggle to get my protein in so they have helped a lot. I usually try to make cure I drink a good bit of water with mine too as they tend to fill me up longer that way.
  • BeautifulSoul705
    BeautifulSoul705 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love Cliff Builder's Chocolate Mint. YUM!
  • danahubley
    danahubley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love the Smart For Life :love: Protein Bars.
  • transientcanuck
    transientcanuck Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Not sure if they have these outside of New Zealand, but Horley's Carb-less bars are pretty good. They're filling, low-carb and taste like a chocolate bar!
  • Glossysweets
    Options
    OOOh I love the Chocolate Mint Clif Builder Bar's too....sooo yummy. I'm looking for recipes for high protein lower carb and sugar options though...

But I love the Chocolate Mint Clif Bars because it has 20g of protein per bar and is super yummy (a bit high in sugar) but so so yummy.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Quest bars. Pretty much the only processed food I eat on a regular basis haha
    My favorite is the Cookies & Cream. Raspberry White Chocolate and Strawberry Cheesecake are pretty good too.
    20-21g of protein & 17g of fiber. Don't forget your fiber! :)