Multiple CSection Mamas!

Options
2»

Replies

• carriehopp
    carriehopp Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 c-sections (2008 and 2010). I have always been overweight, and my stomach was never anything to brag about. But that overhang is so pronounced now! Currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred... tomorrow is the last day for level 1.. Yay!! But those bicycles at the very end still kill my abs! Just have to keep pushing thru saying that someday there will be no more overhang!
  • WaynesGurl
    WaynesGurl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Three c/s..........my "baby" is 12 tho lol I cant keep using that one as an excuse. :) The scar is deep and lovely tho huh? Fat overhang...gross I know...me too. I have 80 more lbs or so to go. Little by little!
  • TurnerMM2014
    TurnerMM2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had two c sections. One was an emergency csection in 2013 and I had a planned csection 14 months after that. I was not aiming to have kids that close, my second child was not planned but is still a blessing nevertheless. I'm still recovering from my surgery but I've decided this time I'm going to get my body back one way or another. Already down 15 pounds and I keep giving myself little goals seeing how I know losing 65 pounds is a bit of an overwhelming goal in itself. I can't workout my abs just yet but arms and legs I'm working as much as possible. As soon as I can I'm going to work on my core. I'm extremely optimistic and think with lots of exercise the pooch will be no more. We will just have to see.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections, and unfortunately, I have the pooch that comes along with that and gaining a ton of weight over the years. I still have about 36 pounds to lose, and my stomach is still all flabby and loose. I do however feel my abs under all that, so it is improving! Going to do an ab/squat challenge here soon to see if that will help tighten things up!

Feel free to add me :)
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I have had two c-sections (emergency in 2006, scheduled in 2009). I lost the weight after both kiddos were born but have recently crept back up with stress/work/travel-related issues. The nasty overhang has reappeared and I want it GONE! When I had lost before the shelf was there but not overly bothersome, hoping to get rid of it for good this time. Would love to have some more MFP friends!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I've had two c-sections. 20 years ago and 14 years ago. Truthfully, I requested the second one. I had a vaginal birth in between the two and the recovery from the vaginal birth was sooooo much harder than the c-sections. If I'd had more kids I would have requested more c-sections.

I too have an overhang and just resigned myself to the fact that it will never go away. I don't look all that great naked but with the right clothes, I look pretty darn okay :wink:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

then a tummy tuck.
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have only had one c-section, but still have that overhang of skin. I don't know if it's because of the weight I gained with that first pregnancy. I don't know if it ever goes away. When I get to my goal weight, it is the first thing I want gone. Does anyone know if the overhang ever goes away on its own?
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I've always had a belly but now I have an excuse? LOL That darn shelf!
    Two c-sections both in my 40's.

I'm getting there!!!!!

Anyone, feel free to add!

I really need to upload more pics here.
  • LacieMcFly
    Options
    I've only had one c-section and that was enough for me. I have that wonderful over hang too. I'm still trying to lose my pregnancy weight and then some. My son just turned one and I feel like a complete failure because I'm still not down to my pre pregnancy weight. If anyone needs a friend, please feel free to add me. I definitely could use the extra motivation :)
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 c-sections in 2007, 2010, & 2012 I was overweight before with an over hang but not as much.
  • kokorae
    kokorae Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've had two of them, one in 1994 and another in 2005. Have lost weight and have seen changed in my mid section, but yes, I have the loose skin also. I hate it!! My goal is to drop another 30 lbs of fat, gain some muscle and then have a tummy tuck to get rid of what's left. Most likely will meet this goal within a year from now.

I hear the problem with losing the fat there is because the skin is stretched out, so the layers of available fat aren't as readily accessible to your body to pull as an energy source very easily. Not sure how true that is... So I wear a shaper when I work out. Suck that fat in as close as possible lol.

Feel free to add me!
  • ceemaw
    ceemaw Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    yep, i've had two - my kids are now 2 and 4 and i'm still working on getting rid of The Belly. I still have about 40 lbs to go... thanks for posting, everyone! feel free to add me.
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've had two c-sections. One in 2010 and the other in 2013.
  • rosarhea
    rosarhea Posts: 3
    Options
    count me in !! 2 c-sections 17 months apart - 2003 and 2004