Juicing recipes anyone?

Options
EchoOfYourPast
EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
Juicing can be high calorie or low calorie depending on what fruits and vegetables that you choose... I've just been mixing fruits and vegetables at random and sometimes they come out great and sometimes not so much. Does anyone also add any fibers or other extras to your drinks?

What are your favorite juicing recipes? I find the more fruits that i put into the more i like it. Recently i have been mixing strawberries, raspberries, apples, oranges and sometimes pineapple with cabbage, parsley, spinach, kale, celery, broccoli and carrots. I am trying to find a good healthy mix that i just love to drink!

San :)

Replies

• MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    My favorite:

1 Large Beet
    2-3 Carrots
    1 Cucumber
    1//2 head of celery

This recipe should come in under 200 calories. I use it on days when I don't have enough calories or when I want to get my vegetables in for the day.

I try to keep the recipes simple. But you should not mix fruits and vegetables since vegetables are the fixers and fruits are the cleaners.

For fiber I recommend juicing the above vegetables first AND THEN pouring it over the kale and spinach in the blender.
  • melaniedsm
    melaniedsm Posts: 55
    Options
    These are the five recipes I started with, they are all different enough to keep you from getting bored and super good. http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/joe-cross-juice-cleanse-recipes

I loosly follow this diet plan now. I do 5 juices, small lunch (like greek yogurt & Blueberries) and meat and veggies for dinner. I just record everything and keep my average calorie counts under the recomended amounts. Like I might be 100 high today and 100 low tomorrow. If you add the normal dinner, fiber/protien takes care of itself.

Use this website to calculate the calories in the juice. http://juicerecipes.com/build/

My husband and I mix the veggies and the fruits and hadn't heard you weren't supposed to. A lemon will make about any veggie juice taste less heavy though if you want to go that direction. I usually add one into veggie rich drinks. I don't know that I necessarily believe the juice is "cleansing or fixing anything," just a good way to get alot of nutrients and energy. Plus takes alot of the thought out of my day at work, I know exactly what I am having and so have little interest in the donuts/cookies that are brought in.
  • leezalee739
    Options
    3 to 5 kale leaves
    3 romaine leaves
    1 whole cucumber
    3 celery stalks
    1 whole lemon
    1 green apple
    Handful of spinach

I pour it into a drinking glass and add maybe a quarter of the glass full of ice cold water. Amazingly healthy (too much fruit=WAY too much sugar for me) and light-tasting. It's ugly, but it tastes good.
  • EchoOfYourPast
    Options
    Thanks, you guys.
    San :)
  • Ayh5xd
    Ayh5xd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A sweet treat I like: bunny juice. With 2 medium carrots, 1 medium apple, 1 inch ginger. Warms the stomach right up!
  • EchoOfYourPast
    Options
    That one sounds gr8!
  • hiphopbunnie
    Options
    i like a lot of blueberries in my juices because they're sweet just sweet enough and don't add too many calories. and i'll add 0%m.f. greek yogurt in if i have some to thicken it up a bit.

for a veggie juice i like carrots and spinach:)
  • fitnessbabe90
    Options
    I cup coconut milk
    1 cup spinach
    1 banana
    ice
  • Kristina2k
    Kristina2k Posts: 14
    Options
    Love this site! Thanks for sharing. I've been trying to just add the fruits & veggies whole and knew it wasn't right. Bookmarking the juicing site now.
  • patzane67
    patzane67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    love to juice, just started and still learning