Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is your life purpose?

srv524
srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
This isn't a weight loss success story but rather a personal success story...yours.

What is your life purpose? How did you find it? Need some inspiration...

Replies

• kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    That's a difficult one because there are so many.... I guess I'd have to say, at this moment, is now that I achieved my first (adapting and overcoming my physical disability) and second (graduating college and losing the college pounds) life goal. My third would have to be to have a successful well paying job so some day I can raise a family of my own.
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    There's too much i love about life and want to accomplish to nail it down to one purpose. Ultimately I'd say to make people happy. I found when i make others laugh and smile, it makes me feel really good inside. Maybe spread yoga and meditation to as many people as i can. I found yoga through my mom as we were doing it together as soon as i could crawl. And to share! I think everyone should share as much as they can :)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    This isn't a weight loss success story but rather a personal success story...yours.

Mine is love. Giving it, making people feel accepted and celebrated and safe. I feel like that's why everyone is here.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Saving people, hunting things, the family business ...... if you understood that reference, you are awesome :bigsmile:

But really, I have no idea what my life's purpose is. Maybe figuring it all out is my purpose :ohwell:
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    I don't know... I guess I haven't "found" it yet?
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    as of now, I think its to work with children with disabilities. I am finishing a special education credential this summer and hope to use my gifts to teach =)

my journey to this has been convoluted. I started college as a music education major, quit and changed to elementary education. Completed the program, even got a masters in it. Couldn't find a job, began substitute teaching. Went to special ed classes to cover for teachers when they were absent and fell in love with it. Realized that it's ok to change my mind (even after getting a masters in something else) and went back to school to get my early childhood special education credential. Lots of hard work every single day but I absolutely love it.

I feel very fortunate and blessed to have such a clear vision.

... and go figure my high school career aptitude test told me I would be good working with individuals with disabilities.
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    I don't know about "life purpose," but I plan on always being there for my babies (2 boys). some of my goals are to run a triathlon, a quintathlon and maybe a marathon. i'm THINKING of running the Grand Canyon in 1-day. i'm also THINKING of biking the Katy Trail in 1-day. I plan on lifting heavy and gain about 12 pounds. I didn't set out to inspire other, but maybe someone will be inspired by what i'm doing.
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member

finding my True Will. Love. Family. Friends.

It's kinda like asking the meaning to life. The whole purpose of living is to seek it!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Saving people, hunting things, the family business ...... if you understood that reference, you are awesome :bigsmile:

You are awesome for that reference!

For sure I haven't found what I'd consider a "life purpose", but my children certainly make my life feel more purposeful. Maybe they ARE my purpose, *at the moment*. Maybe I haven't found an individual life purpose yet because my life is filled with family and maybe that individual aspect will come after my kids are out on their own.
  • dcazlly
    dcazlly Posts: 12 Member
    At the minute, it's too raise my girls to be respectable young women, to support my partner in his decisions about his career and in life and to give my dogs a happy life while they are here.

As the years go by these purposes will change. I don't think anybody can have one life purpose, our ambitions and dreams can change day to day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!