I don't know what to do?!

Options
Okay, so I'm trying to maintan for a over month and a half. Current W/H: 165cm/50kg, when I started maintance I was 48.5 kg. Which I know wasn't healthy for me. (Also my period stopped, now I'm trying to get it back) Since I'm on maintance my weight is bouncing like crazy! Yesterday I weighed myself and I was 51kg! Today I'm 50.5?! Why is that? I want to be healthy and weigh around 50 kg, and get my period back, and up my protein and fat intake, but I just can't seem to wrap around all of this. Either I'm eating too little, or I'm eating too much. I never thought that, but for me maintaning is waaaay harder than losing weight! I work out four times a week. Any advices how to fix what's happening to me?! Please...

Replies

• dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Weight can change daily.

Things like water retention play a part in daily fluctuations.

Stop weighing yourself every day or you'll drive yourself crazy.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Maitenance does not mean you stay at one weight all the time. It is just like weight loss there are some flucuations.

You need to allow for a maitenance range.

And for you since you are at such a low weight (for your height and are not having a period) you should probably choose a higher weight and allow for a 2.5kg flucuation on either side...perhaps 55kg and allow for 52-57kg.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I will stop weighing myself everyday, for sure! Maybe once a week, tops! Also I'm taking some pills for my period, my doctor is saying that it will take at least 6 months for taking it back. I'm so worried. It's like I'm torn - I know I'm not fat or something, but I don't want to gain any more weight...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    weight fluctuates...
  • Kguide
    Kguide Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You are maintaining, well done.
  • hellosay
    hellosay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Please check your BMI, it clearly indicates that you are underweight. You need to gain some weight. Since your periods have stopped, it indicates that your body is not receiving enough nutrients.
    I sometimes used to find that my periods stopped when I exercised too much (long back when I was thin), eating a multi-vitamin and eating healthy usually solved the problem.
    You need to remember that underweight is unhealthy.
    Good luck!