WHY CANT I LOSE ANYMORE...???? >:(

Options
13»

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Agree with SLL. I'm not sure I understand the MFP iOS adjustment stuff in your diary. I'd just keep it simple and not even reference that at all. I weigh approximately the same and honestly I've had my goal set to .5 lb a week for the last 15 lbs or so. My activity is set to sedentary than I log exercise. If we do a ton of walking all day I just chalk it up to a bonus and allow it to compensate for days of inaccurate logging (no matter my best intentions) or the days my buns are firmly planted to the couch all day

Same with strength training as well. Those burns can be hard to estimate even with a HRM. And especially when you only do it for a few minutes, personally I'd wonder why even bother logging the cals. I also think the difference between gross and net calories burned starts to matter a bit more as you weigh less. You list spin for example as moderate or easy effort but burn 592 calories an hour. I gotta tell you to do that I'm fighting and gasping for my life and working way harder than the instructor probably! A more typical burn for me is low to mid 400's. If you log the full amount please know you probably can't eat all those calories back, some try for 50-75%. If all of this sounds irritating, you may wish to consider a TDEE approach. Use one of the calculators , pick a number to eat everyday, don't eat back exercise calories. Do for a few weeks, if you are still not losing, reduce by 100 calories per day, repeat

I was confused whether you were weighing and calculating your chicken raw or cooked? Isn't it tedious to cut the chicken to size each time? Lol. I usually prefer to just weigh the chicken, do some math and log it, but you may find that to be what's tedious :)

Agree about weighing the fruit. Bananas, oh bananas. I was told they were 70 calories apiece but the fat *kitten* bananas I've eaten all come in around 105. Peanuts, peanut butter. Pretty calorie dense you should weigh it too. At least make sure you weigh your ten or sixteen pieces from time to time to make sure you're accurate. Or weigh and portion them into little baggies ahead of time if you prefer

The hoagie seems a bit suspect but you have the label I guess. I assumed an 8" hoagie would be more than 170 calories personally, but I don't eat these much
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Okay, if your past week is any indication, you are going over your calories by 300 for the week. If you are set to lose at a pound a week, that is over half your deficit. You aren't hitting 1200-1400 calories if you are having one or two seriously over days like you did the last week. You are netting way more than you think. If you aren't using an HRM to get a more accurate sense of your calorie burn than what MFP gives, that could account for wiping out the rest of your deficit.

Use an HRM, eat back fewer of your exercise calories, and rein in the eating on the days when you eat over your limit.
    @agrafina - that actually was what i was thinking... But mostly when I log Im not ever calculating in my exercises mostly because i Think myfitnesspal is a bit too generous with the measurements and even if I was eating low cal most days 1200 cal then i went over a few days it should be like eating maintenance and i would still be at a deficit right?

I tend to agree with agrafina. If you review the back to May 1st your caloric intake isn't in a significant deficit; you're running a surplus on average for your daily goal. Exercise could compensate for that if everything is in fact measured accurately. Just reviewing what's recorded in your diary though, I wouldn't expect a significant loss. (Just my 2 cents.)

I hope you figure it all out. :)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Okay, if your past week is any indication, you are going over your calories by 300 for the week. If you are set to lose at a pound a week, that is over half your deficit. You aren't hitting 1200-1400 calories if you are having one or two seriously over days like you did the last week. You are netting way more than you think. If you aren't using an HRM to get a more accurate sense of your calorie burn than what MFP gives, that could account for wiping out the rest of your deficit.

Use an HRM, eat back fewer of your exercise calories, and rein in the eating on the days when you eat over your limit.

I may be misunderstanding your statement but a pound a week is more like a 3500 calorie deficit, half a pound would be half that. There's a bit more leeway than 300 calories :). The puzzle continues because OP target should probably be more in the...

Hmm, I'm actually coming up with 1450 calories to lose .5 lbs a week when I plug in the op's numbers. This means being accurate with food and exercise logging is even more important! Other than the one or two suspect food entries which may be alright after all, I hate that my true suggestion is to exercise more / increase activity :ohwell:
  • Keviny1958
    Keviny1958 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problems since I started usually when my weight is getting to the next stone down, persevere and it will go down eventually. Just remember whatever you lose is a loss and a benefit to yourself all-round. I still weigh all my food but have vastly reduced milk intake I now use Almond flavoured drink, changed my bread reduced potatoes etc etc. I still have my bad days but I do not regret it, just do an extra bit of exercise. i know my weight loss is slowing but I feel so much better.
    Just keep going, I have never bought any health drinks or protein shakes etc just eat the same food but at a reduced ra
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about going on a little vacation from your diet and stop worrying about it... just eat healthy and exercise.. and in a week or two... hit it hard... a few red days are not going to kill you....

Sometimes we think or try too hard...
  • agrafina
    agrafina Posts: 128 Member
    Options

I may be misunderstanding your statement but a pound a week is more like a 3500 calorie deficit, half a pound would be half that. There's a bit more leeway than 300 calories :). The puzzle continues because OP target should probably be more in the...

Hmm, I'm actually coming up with 1450 calories to lose .5 lbs a week when I plug in the op's numbers. This means being accurate with food and exercise logging is even more important! Other than the one or two suspect food entries which may be alright after all, I hate that my true suggestion is to exercise more / increase activity :ohwell:

Deep. Cause math is hard. You're right. I was getting daily and weekly totals all confused.
  • lwestmill
    lwestmill Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just for kicks, I went through 3 weeks of your diary. I have a question:

How exactly does someone got about eating
    .86 of a bagel
    .13 of an Applebee's Moose shooter. Two days.
    .38 of an onion ring
    .38 of an Applebee's spicy nacho platter. And that was a day you logged 2,897 calories
    .01875 of a Walmart - Cookie Cake
    .38 of an Applebee's cowboy burger
    .15 of an Applebee's queso dip platter
    1.33 hot dogs
    .13 of an Applebee's queso dip platter
    .15 of an Applebee's spicy Chilli cheese nachos

Cashew, 5 g 17 pieces Kirkland. For 29 calories
    Kroger - Graham Cracker Crumbs, 5.75 grams 1/4 cup for 25 calories
    .38 Moes - Chips and Salsa, cup salsa
    .33 bowl Moes - Burrito Bowl Steak Light Rice
    .5 Moes - Side of Queso

Bolded all on 1 day.

.33 of a large movie theater popcorn
    2 inches of a Wawa sandwich
    1 1/2 Applebee's mozzarella sticks
    .38 cup of chicken chow mein
    .25 cup General Tso chicken
    1/4 cup of apples

I'm not sure what your definition of clean is but I don't think it means the same thing other people mean. Also, I'm assuming you eat at Applebee's because you eat there a lot.

So for anyone not understanding how someone can over eat without thinking they are. This thread is a good example.

""I'm not sure what your definition of clean is but I don't think it means the same thing other people mean. """

After yesterday's meal of :

Red Robbin - Whiskey River Bbq Burger, 1 burger

1,408 Calories,
    1,717 Salt

Red Robin - Onion Rings Side, 106 g
    428 Calories
    881 Salt

It would take me a week to rid of all the salt in this meal. When you cheat, you still have to be somewhat aware that the next day, you will not loose weight for a long while. Set it in your mind for next week to research eating clean and prepare your meals ahead of time. It seems like you have an active life and busy being social. Which is GREAT! Half of us wish we had time and friends to go out with. But hun, you need to fight the temptations when going out to eat. Go for the salads instead! There are many wonderful salads that you can eat with grilled chicken. Just watch the dressings.

Great job logging, because logging keeps you aware.
    Good luck.