SoCal Cleanse

Options
Hi all, I am new here, and I just started working on getting back into shape a week ago today. I ran cross country and track in college, but after some injuries (and let's be honest, lack of desire) I stopped running. I ate like I was a teenager for quite some time, and I discovered that I weigh almost as much as my husband! Flash forward to today, I cannot remember the last time I had fast food, we do not eat processed food, and we eat almost entirely organic. My crutch was soda, but I haven't had one since Christmas.

I am out running (slowly and only 3 miles or so a day), and I lost 3lbs in my first week! Today, I am beginning the SoCal Cleanse. I've observed that people are pretty anti-cleanse on here, but this one is not the typical cleanse. It's a month-long, and you continue to eat regularly. It's a system of pills (made of all organic herbs and such), detox shakes, and detox tea. The only difference is that the shake replaces a snake or is part of a meal. What I have read about it has been good. It's not simply a weight-loss tool, but it rids your body of toxins, giving you more energy (so I've read).

Has anyone tried this? I will keep you up-to-date on my progress and thoughts.

Replies

• rachaelski
    Options
    I reread this, and I realize I sound like an advertisement. I'm not, I promise.
  • johnandholli
    Options
    The only thing I know, is I take a lot of meds, and the cleanse is not a good thing for me. It cleanses out my medications too. Be careful, I have heard detox teas are not the best health wise. Have you checked on webmd.com? They are a reliable source of info on the web, and of course your doctor in person is probably your best bet..
  • rachaelski
    Options
    Thanks, I will look it up. Based on the ingredients, the tea seems to be an herbal tea, so I am not too worried.