Hello from Upstate NY

Options
I'm new on here. A family member and friend turned me onto MFP and I downloaded the app so I'm really excited to begin this new journey. I have had a difficult 7-1/2 years since my husband died and have let everything and I mean everything go but it's time for a change and to move forward. I have had some health issues pop up recently and need to get those under control. Need a lot of motivation but this time I'm taking it in small steps. Not looking for the end result today because it didn't take me one day to get this way.

Replies

• jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm so sorry for your loss. You'll find a lot of motivating helpful people on this site. I love it here! I think I use this more than Facebook now lol. Sending you a friend request :smile:
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Need a lot of motivation but this time I'm taking it in small steps. Not looking for the end result today because it didn't take me one day to get this way.

Sorry to hear that things have been tough, but good for you for making the decision to make some positive changes for yourself! :flowerforyou: I'm a big fan of 'small steps,' primarily because I know I will not continue to make healthier decisions if I view this as a quick diet vs. a lifestyle change.

Best of luck...feel free to add me if you like.
  • kbefit
    kbefit Posts: 116
    Options
    So sorry for your loss...that had to be more than difficult. I am so glad you found it here and are ready to take charge. I think if we all support each other than we will really be on the start of a great journey! I wish you so much success! Sending you a friend request!
  • ccrunk75
    ccrunk75 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Upstate NY is beautiful. I just sent there on business this fall as the leaves changed. So sorry for the loss of your husband.

Good luck on this site! It has been great for me on m weight loss journey!
  • jppoynt
    jppoynt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! -I'm sorta new too (signed up quite a while ago, but just started using the site). Sorry for your loss (I cannot even begin to imagine) - and kudos to you for taking steps toward doing what's right for YOU!
  • mistym1967
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I have only been on here since yesterday and find that I have become addicted so fast. I'm learning my way around and trying to get it all figured out.
  • Ms_Clay
    Ms_Clay Posts: 17
    Options
    Im here for you! This place is full of loving and caring people!
  • mistym1967
    Options
    I can't believe all the warm and generous welcomes...nice to know that there are actually people out there that make me feel good about myself and have a positive attitude.
  • jbarton163
    jbarton163 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I'm new to this site as well, I've only been here for a week or so, and it's amazing. The people are so nice and supportive and the tools they offer are just awesome. I'm from upstate New York as well, so it's nice seeing another local on here! Good luck with your weight loss journey, I'm sure you'll do amazingly well. :)