Eating Before Bed

Options

Replies

• Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I stay up late at night to hit my macros, so I can't really go over, and if I did, it wouldn't matter since I am 146 lbs.
    What?
  • Megmo127
    Megmo127 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I eat a hefty snack every night before bed. I like my dessert haha.

Your body doesn't know what time it is & will process the calories as it would any other time of day.
  • 1FearlessFighter
    1FearlessFighter Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Real science here; if you eat before bed ( worst of all carbs) it is NOT good , this is because all your glycogen stores are already filled up from food at the end of the day so any remaining calories will turn into fat . Also carbs increase levels of insulin which inhibits growth hormone from being released during the deep stages of sleep and this Growth hormone helps burn fat and increase and replenish muscle mass therefore ideally you should not have carbs after 7 and not eat anything after 9 so as to keep insulin levels down to allow for maximum growth hormone release at night
  • Cheeseburger85
    Cheeseburger85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Real science here; if you eat before bed ( worst of all carbs) it is NOT good , this is because all your glycogen stores are already filled up from food at the end of the day so any remaining calories will turn into fat . Also carbs increase levels of insulin which inhibits growth hormone from being released during the deep stages of sleep and this Growth hormone helps burn fat and increase and replenish muscle mass therefore ideally you should not have carbs after 7 and not eat anything after 9 so as to keep insulin levels down to allow for maximum growth hormone release at night

Hey Real Science, how about some sources?
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

Right? Look at the 6 pounds of fat I gained on my bulk by eating pints of Talenti before bed over the past 6 months....

206e72s.jpg

hmmm...wait. I dunno, maybe I got my clown mirror goggles on but I think the 6 lbs looks pretty well distributed.

OP, eating a proper amount of protein and a minor surplus will give you optimal opportunity for muscle growth and minor fat gains, irregardless of timing. Eat when it makes you feel best...
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I stuff myself silly before I go to bed. Is this unhealthy? Scientific articles to support your answer would be nice :)

Didn't you do a post the other day about wanting to gain weight???
    So what does it matter?

My last feed of the day is usually ~8pm, in bed by 1030.....

Doing fine so far.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    The only time I CAN eat is before bed, due to my work schedule. If I don't eat I won't sleep, and I have to sleep to function. I have not had any problems with heartburn or anything else.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    science is ultimately proved by trial and error right?

well my study of n = 1

I eat easily half my food at night many times- often within 30 minutes of bed time. I sleep magnificiantly well.
    And have successfully gained and lost 20 pounds (gained on purpose- lost on purpose) since November of 2013.

I've been eating late at night for the last 3 years because I"M HUNGRY at night. And I hate going to bed hungry.

I look fabulous- train for power lifting- and I spend 15+ hours a week in professional dance classes.

I'm doing alright.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    I stuff myself silly before I go to bed. Is this unhealthy? Scientific articles to support your answer would be nice :)

So what does it matter?

Doing fine so far.

Yes, yes it appears you are. :flowerforyou:
  • MityMax96
    Options

I look fabulous-

I'm doing alright.

Agreed :love: :love: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MityMax96
    Options

So what does it matter?

Doing fine so far.

Yes, yes it appears you are. :flowerforyou:

:blushing: :blushing: :laugh: :laugh:

You too sweetie. :wink:
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I wonder if I put up a sexy half shirtless black and white people would take me more seriously???

whatever- Mity can take his shirt off any time- he wins the "proof is in the puddin'" award.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    I wonder if I put up a sexy half shirtless black and white people would take me more seriously???

whatever- Mity can take his shirt off any time- he wins the "proof is in the puddin'" award.

LOL
    Doesn't matter
    No one takes me serious anyways. :laugh: :laugh:
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Oh, but definitely in for shirtless pics of you....

YES PLZ!!!!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    I approve of a black and white sexy photo of you, JoRocka! You were one of my inspirations when I started last year :P
  • gcarterIT
    gcarterIT Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Interesting.
  • gcarterIT
    gcarterIT Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Sounds logical. Can you supply an online reference for your statements?
    Thanks.
  • JoRocka
    Options

LOL
    Doesn't matter

Oh, but definitely in for shirtless pics of you....

YES PLZ!!!!

HA- I'll change mine up at some point- I'm getting used to changing it occasionally- I have to take new progress pictures now I"m down to pre bulk- I'll see what I can do ;) wink wink nudge nudge

I approve of a black and white sexy photo of you, JoRocka! You were one of my inspirations when I started last year :P

seriously!!! oh mai- thank you so much!! Makes me really happy to know I helped inspire someone- that's so awesome!!! can't say anyone's said that to me. how awesome!!!

YAY for awesome thread of awesomeness. we should do that more- more awesome thread of awesomeness. YEs- that's what shall happen. :D
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

LOL
    Doesn't matter

QFT :wink: