Read my Diary

Options
rebprest
rebprest Posts: 149 Member
Hey, if anyone has time, could you just glance through my food diary and tell me if it is looking ok. I welcome suggestions for where to improve and just general opinions/ what has and hasn't worked for you. Don't be alarmed by my exercise calories, I am 99.9% sure they are WAYYYYYYYYYY over what i'm actually burning. I general consider them to be about twice as much.

Replies

• lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty solid to me. How are you determining portions? You will be more accurate going by weight rather than volume. Several entries are listed as being measured in cups, so perhaps consider doing those by weight if you can.
  • CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    What are your goals set at right now for macros? I would suggest that your protein looks low. But, a lot depends on your workouts and personal goals as well.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i'd suggest eating more protein - even for a sedentary person, yours could use a boost.

btw, how did you create snack sections for different times of day? i'm looking through my various settings, but so far can't find that.
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hey, if anyone has time, could you just glance through my food diary and tell me if it is looking ok. I welcome suggestions for where to improve and just general opinions/ what has and hasn't worked for you. Don't be alarmed by my exercise calories, I am 99.9% sure they are WAYYYYYYYYYY over what i'm actually burning. I general consider them to be about twice as much.

Instead of allowing it to be a guess, go buy a cheap heart rate monitor calorie counting wrist watch =)
  • rebprest
    Options
    It is my swim workouts that I think are overestimated. I use the heartrate setting on the elliptical machine.
  • rebprest
    Options
    i'd suggest eating more protein - even for a sedentary person, yours could use a boost.

btw, how did you create snack sections for different times of day? i'm looking through my various settings, but so far can't find that.

I went through food diary settings and you can create your own there!
  • KayStar728
    KayStar728 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Instead of allowing it to be a guess, go buy a cheap heart rate monitor calorie counting wrist watch =)

I just bought the Polar FT7 and I love it!!!!
  • rebprest
    Options
    I'll look into getting a waterproof heart-rate monitor, not sure how accurate that would be for swimming, though. Anyone have any suggestions of foods I can get protein bumps from? I like meat ok, but I don't really just eat it on its own unless it is fish. I'm drinking protein shakes and have a lot of energy (more than I have every had before).
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    a few high protein non-meat, low fat foods:

a container of non-fat greek yogurt (fage 0% has 23 grams of protein in 8 ounces!)
    egg beaters or egg whites
    low fat cheese slices or sticks
    sol foods veggie burger (original)
    non-fat cottage cheese
    gardein ultimate beefless burger (high in protein, very tasty, available at most regular grocery stores)
    morningstar farms sausage patties (and they're quite tasty, too)
    I'll look into getting a waterproof heart-rate monitor, not sure how accurate that would be for swimming, though. Anyone have any suggestions of foods I can get protein bumps from? I like meat ok, but I don't really just eat it on its own unless it is fish. I'm drinking protein shakes and have a lot of energy (more than I have every had before).

thanks - now my diary actually represents my meals :)

I went through food diary settings and you can create your own there!
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I would track fiber instead of sugar.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Agree with others - weigh food instead of using volume. Sometimes there's a big difference. Personally, I also like to have more protein but my body just feels better that way and I am really trying to keep as much of my muscle as I can while losing weight.

And, THANK YOU for sharing how to set custom meal settings. I have always grumbled about not being able to put in my 5 meals separately and turns out it was just user error! :flowerforyou: