In need pf Help

Options
Hi all, I need some help. I have 2,200 cals to eat each day but I am only eating 1800 if that every day. Should eat more or just stay. eatting what I have been?

Replies

• PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Personally, I feel if you feel you're getting enough nutrition and you're not hungry, I wouldn't just eat to eat. There are days I have a lot of calories left over because I'm not hungry.

I don't believe in eating to just eat, unless we're talking like 1000 calories or something.
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising everyday? Are your calories based on the exercise your doing? Do you still feel hungry at 1800? Are you losing weight? Where did you come up with that number for your daily intake? Are you meeting your nutrient requirements?
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I am very practical when it comes to setting calorie goals. What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1800 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for a week. If you lose 1-2 lbs, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few weeks, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

Allan
  • boobear264
    boobear264 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    To answer most of the question. I do meet my nutrition goals along with working out 5 to 7 day a week. The numbers are what the program suggest I eat with out adding in the extra from working out. I am not normally very hungry after around 1550 so on the way home I try to add in a healthy snack or hundred calorie bar from work. I have never really payed attention to calories before and dont want to start heading back words on all the progress. Thank you all for all your help.