Greek yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• andreajaeger89
    Options
    I used to eat reg yogurt and then made the switch to chobani (flavored) as the greek yogurts have high protein which is much better for you. It was a difficult transition for me. It was very tart almost sour at times. I eventually got used to it though and enjoyed eating them until I started to eat clean and couldn't have all that added sugar. I would eat chobani plain with fresh strawberries and granola. It was tough at first, but again I got used to it. One day I decided to try Fage and OMG it is sooo much better. It is even thicker than chobani which I love, and I have no issues with the taste. It is SOOO much less tart than the chobani. I highly recommend it! I had oikos strawberry greek yogurt once in the airport as that was all they had to offer and omg, I thought I was going to hurl. It was so sweet I couldn't even finish two bites! I'm sure its just bc I am used to eating plain yogurt now though.
  • random_user75
    random_user75 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Plain Whatever's Cheapest + Pb2 + Cocoa Nibs + Dried Cranberries + Banana = Works for me
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    How does one take a greek yogurt? You mean eat?
  • willywonka_71
    willywonka_71 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I put Davinci Syrups or Mio in my plain greek yogurt. Word to the wise...the lemonade flavoured Mio in greek yogurt tastes AMAZINGNESS
  • happyjack1976
    happyjack1976 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just tried the Fage 0% and IMO it is head and shoulders above any of the others I've had including chobani and oikos. It's smooth, it doesn't taste bitter. I am not a fan of really really sweet stuff though, so take that with a grain of salt (or sugar lol). I eat the plain Fage 0% with two spoons of UDI's cranberry/walnut granola. Yummy.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of chobani at all and will buy the dannon fit and lite greek regardless...some things you can't compromise on.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani, but I hate the 100 calorie ones. It tastes very strongly of stevia to me.
  • diesel228
    diesel228 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Chobani 0% Fat Vanilla is a great base, then add flavor to it. A little drizzle of maple syrup is great. But honey, sliced strawberries, bananas, wild blueberries, are all great in the Chobani Vanilla.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Yogurts can have more sugar than a candy bar...you have to be careful. Real greek yogurt is sour. Honey!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I swear I'm the only person who didn't like the light and fit yogurts at all (which is unfortunate, lol).

Although frankly lately I've been back to plain Fage with fruit or PB2 and a bit of stevia and it's so much more filling and delicious anyway.
  • AngelineTheBaker
    AngelineTheBaker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I put Davinci Syrups or Mio in my plain greek yogurt. Word to the wise...the lemonade flavoured Mio in greek yogurt tastes AMAZINGNESS

Ooooh I am a plain Greek yogurt fanatic, and will be sure to try that! It sounds like lemon meringue pie.

I mix mine with a scoop of protein powder and a little agave nectar. Sometimes with PB2. I could live off greek yogurt.
  • GeorgiaJenn1181
    Options
    The Chobani 100 calorie yogurt with peaches is the only one I've tried that I really like. I add a sprinkle of cinnamon to it to make it more palatable, because like others have said, I hate the stevia taste.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I use Cabot- typically low fat or 10% I'm not picky- I usually grab the lower fat so I can eat more of it.

My special blend is
    1 serving of low fat or half serving of full fat
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder- blend well
    microwave 2.5 oz black berries- 2.5 oz raspberries

add to the yogurt and enjoy!!! 240 calories and 40 grams of protein
    NOMNOMNOM I can't eat fruit yogurt any more from the store- it's just not nearly as good.

Farge and chowbani are too expensive for me- and they over charge like crazy for the individual containers. .
  • willywonka_71
    willywonka_71 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Ooooh I am a plain Greek yogurt fanatic, and will be sure to try that! It sounds like lemon meringue pie.

I mix mine with a scoop of protein powder and a little agave nectar. Sometimes with PB2. I could live off greek yogurt.

It tastes similar to lemon meringue pie....it's so yummy!

And I totally agree with you on the protein powder in greek yogurt....when I mix my chocolate protein powder with it, it is like I am eating some super wonderful chocolate pudding -that is full of protein :)

Yeah, I pretty much love greek yogurt lol
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I used to eat reg yogurt and then made the switch to chobani (flavored) as the greek yogurts have high protein which is much better for you. It was a difficult transition for me. It was very tart almost sour at times. I eventually got used to it though and enjoyed eating them until I started to eat clean and couldn't have all that added sugar. I would eat chobani plain with fresh strawberries and granola. It was tough at first, but again I got used to it. One day I decided to try Fage and OMG it is sooo much better. It is even thicker than chobani which I love, and I have no issues with the taste. It is SOOO much less tart than the chobani. I highly recommend it! I had oikos strawberry greek yogurt once in the airport as that was all they had to offer and omg, I thought I was going to hurl. It was so sweet I couldn't even finish two bites! I'm sure its just bc I am used to eating plain yogurt now though.

^ this
  • krissenior
    krissenior Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Not sure my usual adds sweetness but i love peanut butter in my Fage 0%