Good Back Exercises!

fraochin
fraochin Posts: 48
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi All,

I'm half way to my target and am planning on a tattoo when I reach it! It will start on the left handside of my lower back and snake its way around my hip and up my ribs. I want my back to look fabulous for when I show it off!

Can anyone recommend a good exercise for lower and upper back?

Thanks x

Replies

• 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    try pilates and yoga. cardio to burn the fat but the others focus on muscle condition
  • I'm sure you are aware that you cannot "spot reduce" areas, so doing back exercises won't just make your back thinner. You've got to lose it all over. That being said I'm doing my best to get my back looking good too! When I met my fiance I was about 70 lbs lighter and had a really nice V-shape to my upper body due to my muscular chest and back.

For lower back & spinal erectors/stabilizers I use the Roman Chair while hugging a 45lb plate. I also do lat pull downs with a wide grip and seated rows with a narrow grip. I would suggest also doing some shoulder & neck exercises like upright rows and dumbell raises to balance things out.

Just my humble opinion. What's the tattoo gonna be of? My fiance has a similar concept on her leg with a family vine wrapping around all the way from the top of her foot to her inner thigh. I'm too chicken to get anything that big!
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Chinups, pull downs, bent over or seated rows and upright rows or shrugs are great exercises for your mid and upper back muscles. Back extensions, deadlifts and hip raises are great for working your lower back. As rjcactus mentioned, keep doing cardio to help increase your muscular definition and toning, and use the strength training exercises to increase your muscularity and firm up your back muscles. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.