Eating burned calories

Options
Hi there, are we supposed to eat the calories we burn through exercise? thanks

Replies

• GorgeousMani
    GorgeousMani Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    it says you could but i wouldn't,
    i think thats sites mistake because if u ate back what u exorcised....it will be like u never worked out.
    so stick to ur daily consumption of food
  • danyelpink
    danyelpink Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Actually, I'm pretty sure this site wants you to earn some of your food through exercise. I don't know if you've compared, but the daily calorie allowance on this site is a lot lower than on most other sites.
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I usually eat back about half 200-300 calories or so. I think it depends on how many calories you start off eating daily. I'm set at 1200, so eat back a few hundred is probably a good idea.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    On days I work out I generally do eat back some of those calories. At least some.

It's been said quite a few times. You can't burn 600 calories then only eat 1200 calories since that only gives your body 600 calories for all of your natural bodily functions, not enough.

But you don't have to eat back all of your calories if you don't feel hungry. But you have to listen to your body. If it's telling you it's hungry you need to eat or your metabolism will slow down doing more harm than good.
  • amandakay23
    Options
    I dont eat all of them...but I do not feel bad if I cut into them. This site has given me a reasonable amount of calories IMO and I am mostly satisfied without having to cut in to what I have earned. Working out has saved me from going over every day, but not eating them I am satisfied and still losing! I say if you are having a hungry day, they are there, if you are satisfied, leave them be. =)
  • capnananda
    capnananda Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I believe you should eat your exercise calories because the allowance they give you on the site is set to lose without excercising even though that is not to keep you from exercising. If you were to exercise and not eat the calories you burned it could possibly make you go below a healthy amount of calories which could be counter productive to your weight loss.
  • Buterphly
    Buterphly Posts: 112
    Options
    I read on this sight somewhere that you are supposed to eat your excercise calories, to make sure your body knows that they are there and does not start "storing "them.