Does anyone else struggle with rosacea?

Options
Veil5577
Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
I am not sure if this is the right place for this thread but here goes.

Since my divorce 3 years ago and moving to my own apartment I suddenly started having problems with skin blemishes and a red flush on my face. I have little red bumps and the kind of little pimples you can't do anything about, and my skin itches a lot of the time. Researching it, I'm pretty sure it's rosacea, even though it's not been diagnosed.

Does anyone else struggle with this? I'm hoping the amount of water I'm drinking and the healthier diet will help; has it helped you?

Replies

• fittoday14
    fittoday14 Posts: 128
    Options
    I do, sadly :sad: for the past few years now (since 2009). There is NOTHING that is a miracle worker that'll get rid of it. What you CAN do is just take care of yourself on the inside and outside, and make sure to get your 8 hours of sleep. I've tried every cream and serum under the moon, nothing is 100% effective. I've even made at home facial masks that "help" but don't eliminate the problem. Stay away from the sun as much as possible, and make sure to put your uva/uvb on every single day- even if it's gloomy outside or raining.
  • HeatherScent37
    HeatherScent37 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do! At least, I think I do. I've always had a fairly ruddy complexion, but it's gotten worse as I get older. The last few months I have been having severe flare-ups, where my face turns beet red and itches and burns. The only relief is cold compresses. My triggers are stress (like a situation where a lot of things are happening at once), too much sugar and certain face creams, so I try to avoid them.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    It's good to know I'm not alone. I never had this problem before, I think part of it may be that I'm approaching menopause :sad:

I guess once my weight is down to goal I'll have to use a pound and a half of makeup to look decent every day.