PiYo???

Options
In browsing around looking at new fitness programs I came across a website whatispiyo.com

It was talking about some new pilates/yoga fitness program. Any of you tried it? Know anything about it?

Replies

• JenniB619
    JenniB619 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It's not released yet. It'll be released in June. I'm pretty excited about it and can't wait to get it. It's a combination of yogalike and pilateslike but it's low impact and helps with muscle mass and become lean.
  • ihadmail
    ihadmail Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the information there!
  • orville54
    orville54 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's a Beachbody program. I believe Chalene Johnson in the trainer/leader. I don't like Yoga or Pilates but from the previews I've seen it seems like it's a little more intense than the average Yoga or Pilates workout.
  • GibbsGirl13072
    GibbsGirl13072 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I hadn't heard of PiYo, but it sounds interesting! I just got the Ultimate Yogi dvd set, and I started this past monday. It's a mixture of power yoga and some easier hatha type dvds. I have sore muscles in places I must not have been working, lol! I wonder if PiYo is similar?
  • dnordin0817
    Options
    I have been taking PiYo classes at a local fitness club and I love, love, love it! I like that it is low impact as I have a problem with my hip but it is intense enough that I sweat a lot!!! Even if you don't like traditional yoga you should give it a try as it is very different from any yoga or pilates class I have ever taken. I leave class feeling energized and really feel like I have gotten and good workout and a great stretch!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    It's not released yet. It'll be released in June. I'm pretty excited about it and can't wait to get it. It's a combination of yogalike and pilateslike but it's low impact and helps with muscle mass and become lean.
    How does it help with muscle mass?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • gjsmommy
    gjsmommy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    This is offered at my gym & I love it! It is a fusion of yoga & pilates and it uses a lot of bodyweight exercises for strengthening. We do lots of planks, tricep pushups, squats. It is fast moving and you really get a sweat going. If you find traditional yoga boring but like the benefits you will love this class.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for it to come out too. I've been doing crazy workouts and long distance running for so long... I need a huge change of pace. Excited for a different kind of workout!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Bump. It seems like my two beachbody coaches friends have disappeared on me... Can someone tell me more about it? How many days a week is the program supposed to be?
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I have taken PiYo at my gym. It's a combination of Pilates and yoga. It's faster paced and uses lots of body weight exercises for strength. My instructor calls it "yoga on steroids".
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I was lucky enough to do it with Chalene,last September and I was pleasantly surprised. It looks pretty simple but ended up being a really great workout. From what she said it's for all fitness levels and is meant to be a break from slamming your body with intense workouts day after day.

I've seen some of the final results from the test groups and it looks very, very promising.

I will be doing it again with her in 2 weeks..so I will know more then.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I was lucky enough to do it with Chalene,last September and I was pleasantly surprised. It looks pretty simple but ended up being a really great workout. From what she said it's for all fitness levels and is meant to be a break from slamming your body with intense workouts day after day.

I've seen some of the final results from the test groups and it looks very, very promising.

I will be doing it again with her in 2 weeks..so I will know more then.

Wow, awesome! I really want to try it, just might be tough this Summer if it's too long/too many days a week. And I need a coach to sell it to me.
  • ammossrn
    ammossrn Posts: 43
    Options
    :)
  • ammossrn
    ammossrn Posts: 43
    Options
    Bump. It seems like my two beachbody coaches friends have disappeared on me... Can someone tell me more about it? How many days a week is the program supposed to be?

I sent you a message :)