200g chicken breast - diced
    1 sweet potato - diced
    1 onion - diced
    1 tin chopped tomatoes
    30g red lentils
    1 veg stock cube
    1 carton or tin of passata
    3 tsp chilli powder

I put it on in the morning before I go to work, when I get home I take the lid off to let the sauce thicken.
    you can leave out the lentil, but they add a nice texture.

it works out at 188 calories a portion, depending on the weight of your sweet potato and whether you want to add more chicken.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I do whole chickens in my crockpot...crumple a few balls of foil in the bottom of the insert and set the chickens in the, breast side down. Season the chickens however you like them best and let it go all day. It'll fall of the bone when it's done. i've done this with bone in turkey breast, too. My crockpot holds two rotisserie sized chickens in it.

I am a fan of Ice Cream Bucket Lasagna, too. Line a clean ice cream container with plastic wrap and layer in your lasagna ingredients. Freeze. When you want lasagna for dinner, pop it out of the tub and remove the plastic wrap. Put it in the crockpot (the round ice cream bucket making this doable) and add a cup of water...let it go all day and melt cheese on top when you get home.

I do grocery management (OAMC, Once A Month Cooking), so most of our dinners come from the freezer to the table with little fuss. I keep things like stew meat, vegetables and seasonings in a heavy duty ziplock and then all we have to do is dump it in the CP and turn it on. Or dump a few bags into a skillet, cover it and dinner is done in about 20-30 minutes.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    the chicken breast (fresh or frozen) and a jar of salsa is one of my fav's - sometimes I add a can of corn & a can of black beans.
    If you have the calories, when ready to eat, you can add some shredded cheese and/or a tablespoon of Sour Cream. Option also to serve over rice.

the other fav is pulled pork- so pork shoulder - when done, drain, pull apart using 2 forks and add some PC Smokin Stampede BBQ sauce

*edited to fix typo's
  • Ringer1022
    Ringer1022 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Minute Steak:

-2lbs Round Steak (Sirloin Bottom; whatever non-grilling steak you want to use)
    -2 cans Cream of Mushroom low fat
    -2 cans Cream of Celery low fat
    -Fresh Garlic to Taste
    -Salt, pepper
    -1 cup of Beef Broth

Cube steak and place all ingredients into the crock-pot. Simmer on low 6-8 hours.

Serve over rice, mashed potatos, biscuits... Whatever your fancy. It's a meat gravy.

I warn you it does NOT have the prettiest presentation; but it is a great eat.

EDIT: I've calculated this to be 365 calories: 6oz of the raw meat, 1/2 cup of instant mashed. I don't personally like the gravy as much as my husband and kid, so I have it calculated using just under a quarter cup total of the gravy.
  • Ringer1022
    Options
    White Chicken Chili

-1.5 to 2 lbs of chicken breasts
    -2 packets McCormicks White Chicken Chili Seasoning
    -3 Can Great White Northern Beans
    -Water to desired soupiness

Put all ingredients into crock pot (chicken breasts whole). Simmer on medium 6 hours. Shred chicken in crockpot. Garnish with chesse and crackers.

EDIT: I come to 321 calories for this, assuming 7 servings from the total made. *My calculation is based on 3 large, so 1.5lbs of chicken breasts*
  • Ringer1022
    Options
    Beef and Vegetable Stew

-2lbs Sirloin Steak (Stew meat, etc)
    -3 or 4 Red Potatos (I've never tried sweet) cut into Eights
    -3/4 pound of carrots (I use the baby ones and typically 1/2 to an entire bag)
    -1 12oz Can V-8
    -1 Bag Frozen Sweet Corn
    -1 bag Frozen Green beans
    -Fresh Garlic (I add up to half a head-which cuts down on other seasoning needed)

OPTIONAL
    -4 to 6 stalks of celery
    -Onion

Place all ingredients, except corn, into the crockpot. Season to taste with pepper or other desired spices. Simmer on Low to Medium (my crockpot will come to a boil in warm) for 6 hours. An hour before you're ready to eat, add the corn.

*You can add the corn sooner, but I prefer mine to still be crisp; where as I dislike the green beans being crisp*

EDIT: I come to about 540 calories per serving assuming 8 servings with the total of the stew. THIS is a HEARTY serving, a full soup bowl. The corn adds a TON of calories, but that and the meat are my favorite parts, so I pick out the carrots and add more corn to mine :wink:
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Last night I did a pork shoulder roast with cumin and plums, saved some of the meat for sandwiches today.

It's not the *best* I've done, calorie wise, but it's not the worst either. Since it's not sauced to high heaven it's much healthier than getting a pulled pork sandwich from the local bbq shop.

I use my crockpot just about every day. I'm signed up for the clean-eating (yes, I know we don't like that term around here but I just preferred it over their other slow cooker menu) crockpot for two menu at emeals and I've never been disappointed. Totally worth the subscription fee, imo.

Recipe:

2 lb boneless shoulder roast
    2 plums, quartered
    1 tbsp honey
    .5 tsp cumin
    .5 tsp oregano

salt/pepper roast, then brown in skillet with 1tbsp canola oil, put in crockpot.
    whisk honey/cumin/oregano, mix with plum quarters, put in crockpot.
    8 hours low.

I saved half of it for the sandwiches today, so you figure its about four servings. I logged 646 calories for my serving, so it's not exactly low-cal, but it was worth it (and it wasn't unhealthy by any means). :D
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    In for the ideas!
  • GameGirl777
    GameGirl777 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My favorite one is just frozen chicken and salsa. Dump it in and a few hours you have a good meal.

This is my kind of meal! I've been looking for Crock Pot recipes - specifically chicken. Summer is too hot for the oven and I don't own a grill. Great post, thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • melly0907
    melly0907 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i made this last night .. colorado chili! it was delish over rice with a bit of grated cheese and spring onion on top (adjust the spices to your taste)

0.6 kg(s), Lean Boneless Stew -Beef
    2.0 large (3", 8.5 oz, 230 g, c), Yellow Onion
    2.0 tbsp(s), Oil - Vegetable, canola
    1.0 container (1 4/5 cups ea.), Petite Diced Tomatoes
    1.0 tsp(s), Ground Cumin
    1.0 tsp(s), Spices - Paprika
    1.0 tsp(s), Spices - Salt, table
    1.0 tsp(s), Spices - Pepper, black
    0.5 tsp(s), Spices - Chili powder
    1.0 cup(s), Corn - Sweet, yellow, frozen, kernels cut off cob, unprepared
    2.0 cup(s), Beans - Navy, canned
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    blogger skinnytaste.com has a lot of healthy crock pot meals.

Thanks for the web site, saw a few recipes I would like to try.:happy:

Tried the Crockpot Piccadillo (171 cal.) used that to make piccadillo quesadilla's and it was delicious. Tonight using the left overs of the piccadillo to make crockpot picadillo stuffed peppers.
  • RebeccaP1972
    RebeccaP1972 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump for needing ideas
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options

Tried the Crockpot Piccadillo (171 cal.) used that to make piccadillo quesadilla's and it was delicious. Tonight using the left overs of the piccadillo to make crockpot picadillo stuffed peppers.

Aw, man, cuban food is one of my weaknesses. I did not need to know a picadillo recipe was available.... no matter how low cal it is, if I eat my bodyweight in it it probably won't matter! lol
  • MrsHyland
    MrsHyland Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    These all sound amazing, can't wait to try them out! Thanks for sharing
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    In for crock pot recipes, I love to use my crock pot.....thanks
  • julslenae
    julslenae Posts: 38 Member
    Options

I tried this recipe for the 1st time this week also! I loved it!