Agave nectar?

Options
I'm considerring buying some because I cant stand honey. I was just wondering what everyone uses it for and how good you think it is. :-)

Replies

• CobraBubbles
    Options
    I like both Honey and Agave. It's considerably low on the glycemic index which is great and it's really tasty. I describe it as "If honey and maple syrup" had a baby. It's so delicate and sweet. I sometimes add it to greek yogurt, to shakes that register on my palette as a little too 'tart' and sometimes, for a treat, add a little to unsweetened almond milk. :)
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Before I gave up sweet tea I was using it in place of sugar and it was great, completely unnoticeable. The only problem I had with it was price.
  • babsatcody
    Options
    I've recently started using in my coffee in place of Splenda... it's more calories, but it's natural and I find that the longer I use it the less I need to use as my palatte adjusts to the different "sweetness" of it compared to Splenda.
  • aeragusa
    aeragusa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I really like agave nectar - I use to to sweeten just about anything. It's dissolves really well in cold liquids, which is great for iced tea. I use it in my coffee every morning, as well. I really appreciate it for it's neutral flavor, and that it's completely natural. And it's FANTASTIC when baking cookies - it adds a nice, chewy texture.

You can find it for a more reasonable price (and in bulk) at Cosco, BJ's, etc. in most cases. It's worth keeping an eye out for if you have a membership.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Its great! I used to use it with everything. I like the dark. But its high in calories.
  • Becs_lil
    Options
    Thank you guys! I saw some in Asda today (I'm from the UK) and it was about £2.50, but we have a Costco so I'll have a look there, and I've just started drinking fruit tea, so I'll try it in that. :D