Share Your Story (Kinda Specific)

Options
Hi there! So I'm 5'11 and about 280 pounds (as of this morning. I"ve been dieting since last Thursday and started my work out regimen this morning, 9 pounds down! Although it's probably only water weight, I'm still proud. And it's not like I'm starving myself or anything.) I'm looking to lose around 90/100 pounds.
Which is my problem.
I carry my weight pretty evenly and proportionally. So virtually (doesn't everyone say this?) I look "okay". And because I think I look "okay", I'm really scared to lose a lot of weight. What if I end up with bad proportions, you know?
So I'm asking any women that are my height (or even taller) that weighed about the same and lost a significant about of weight to share their story, and maybe a before and after photo? I know all bodies are different, but it'd be nice to see that other people have lost the weight without becoming proportional.
Thanks in advance to all that post! I'm really looking forward to being motivated by some awesome stories.

Replies

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm not your height, nor was I your weight at the start.

However, I can say that generally your shape will probably remain consistently proportional. Obviously, as you lose fat, your shape will change, you will become slimmer. But, what I mean is that if you have an hourglass figure now, then you will have an hourglass figure when you are thinner. Your overall shape is mostly a factor of genetics, your skeletal structure, your muscle shape, etc. Being thinner won't make your overriding shape change. You will just be a fitter, slimmer, "you".
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'10" and started at around 225lbs.. i can totally relate - i got away with being overweight for as long as i did since i have always had a small waist; plus, due to our height i feel that we can carry the weight better than those who are shorter than us.

don't worry about it, i have lost almost 40lbs and would never look back. my proportions have only gotten better and better, especially once i started lifting heavy.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Not your height- I'm 5'8" but I also carry my weight evenly. I didnt actually look too bad at 230 lbs. In the end my weight has come off pretty evenly. I think the waist and chest moved faster and then hips and thighs had to play catch up sometimes but it was never noticeable. Ive lost 39 lbs and it took to 30lbs before people started noticing.
  • Ringer1022
    Ringer1022 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So I'm WAY shorter than you are, only 5'1", started at 197. My goal is to lose a minimum of 62 lbs and see where that puts me. I carry all my weight well (which I wish I'd have convinced myself sooner that even though I looked mostly ok, I should make positive changes).

I am however similar distribution, with my thickest parts being my thighs, booty, and hips. I also have a pretty large chest. For me I've always been a proportional loser; having it come off pretty evenly in all locations... but you'll of course eventually see the greatest loss in the places in which you are the thickest; even if you're proportional.

I think you should shoot for your goal and you can always make modifications to your plan as you go... The best advice I can offer based on my personal thoughts and research, is to add weight training at the beginning. Not only will this assist in the expediencey of your loss; it will also give you a better overall result as you go.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!