HIIT - legs/booty

Options
Hey :)

First time trying a HIIT routine today after doing some weight lifting. I am dying lol but felt worth it.

Just wondering if anyone has a HIIT routine I could try. I want to loose and weight and tone up. But the most work needed is defiantly my legs and booty.

So any ideas would be great. Thank you :)

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    Try this:

Squats with weights-30 seconds on

30 second rest

Deadlifts- 30 seconds on

30 second rest

Jump lunges- 30 seconds on

30 second rest

REPEAT for 4 sets total

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Sweet_Pea4 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much :) is it right you should change your routine every 6 weeks? With HIIT and weight training?

any more ideas welcomed :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    Don't always have to change the routine. Change the reps, weight resistance, speed of workout, recovery time and sequence are legit ways to change the routine.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Don't always have to change the routine. Change the reps, weight resistance, speed of workout, recovery time and sequence are legit ways to change the routine.

IDEA Fitness member

Does this apply to other areas of weight training as well?
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Options

Also how do you time the HIIT routine. I just downloaded this app on iPhone but it is set to one minute. Just wondering if anyone knows an app and u can change it yourself?
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

HIITs are awesome! I will be honest, a lot tend to be 'full body', but below is one that I really like. Let me know if you want a few others that could be helpful!

HIIT Workout for Legs:
    5 minute warm up: jumping jacks, running in place, punch-kicks, etc -- -whatever you want
    High Knees – 30 seconds
    Squats 8 times
    Mountain climbers – 30 seconds
    Lunges 8 times
    Skipping rope (low arms)– 30 seconds
    Dead lift 8 times (desired weight)
    Fast feet – 30 seconds
    Sumo squats - 8 times
    Squat jumps – 8 times
    Step ups – 30 seconds
    Burpees – 8 times
    One minute rest
    Do 8 rounds of these. If that’s too much, make your goal 5 rounds of this set.
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Options
    Wow looks great :) thanks. Yeah any more would be great thanks. I'll add them to my notes on iPhone and keep using them. Thanks so much.

What do you use to time yours?

Is it a 30 second break inbetween each?
  • hoyagirl03
    Options
    I usually have a stop watch ... for the ones that are 8 times, I don't necessarily time it--- I care about form more than speed in those cases, especially when I was first doing it. I take a 15-30 second break (you'll use that anyway to get set up for the next one move).
    I'll send the other exercises-- just need to find them all b/c I have some on my boyfriend's computer! LOL! I'll message them by tomorrow!
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Options
  • OmegaAlpha007
    OmegaAlpha007 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people giving HIIT routines with weights.. I would say no to this mainly because we or at least I dont... know if you even know how to do the workouts/lifts

Will you be more focused on the 30 seconds/deadlifts... or on performing the movement with proper form... doing weights real fast can lead to poor form = possible injuries.

All these are good workouts but maybe you should tell us how long you've been lifting and go a bit more into detail...

I recommend a bit more of a BodyWeight routine at least while you get used to working out "out of breath" sorta style... then little at a time start adding weight..

My opinion, what do you think?
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Options
    Yeah I only been lifting for 2 weeks. Been doing it on my own. So still not sure if I have proper form. I hope I do. But just want to loose weight too. That's why I thought to maybe try HIIT every day. I'm 11stone2 at the mo. Would ideally like to be 10 but fit also.
  • OmegaAlpha007
    Options
    Could you share your macros and caloric goal please?

That's what I thought, not everyone can start off doing HIIT excersies with weights. There's plenty of BW workouts though :)
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Options
    What's bw?

Well I eat 1,800 with carbs 25%, fat 40%, protein 30%. Struggling with the macros, especially the carbs. Don't know if I'm doing any of this right. I lost 7lbs last week. But it was prob just water. So we'll see. I'm 5ft7
  • OmegaAlpha007
    Options
    Bodyweight.
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Options
    Ha ha seems so obvious now lol
  • hoyagirl03
    Options
  • supratt
    supratt Posts: 33
    Options
    A really good iPhone app for HIIT is "Seconds." Very flexible and yet simple. Perfect for the job.
  • akuaafriyie
    akuaafriyie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    try fitness blender on you-tube or their website fitnessblender.com. they have tons of free HITT and excercises for thighs and but
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Does this apply to other areas of weight training as well?
    Absolutely.
  • jorasims
    jorasims Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Youtube....search Fitness Blender, Melissa Bender, or the Daily HIIT