New beginnings

Options
Hi there MFP community! I'm 23, female, living in the midwest, and excited for this new phase of my life. Currently I am on a 1200 calorie goal and trying to exercise an hour a day 5 times a week. I have been trying to ease myself in to this more active lifestyle by exercising at my local gym (mostly the elliptical) and taking some boxing classes with my mom. I would love to make some friends on MFP to help motivate each other and also just to meet some great people. I don't know what else to say so this seems as good of a stopping point as any. Thanks! :bigsmile:

Replies

• KScott927
    KScott927 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, also. I'm on a 1200 calorie goal and find it's hard to make time to workout. The extent of my activity is walking my daughter to school every day and school's almost out! Good luck to you (and me also). I hope you accomplish your goals!
  • jeanbattalia
    jeanbattalia Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! Sounds like you are headed on the right track. My calorie count is a little higher, as I found it hard to exercise and eat only 1200 calories.

I started MFP last August and really didn't commit until a little earlier this year. Because of that, my weight increased by 15 + pounds over the holidays, which explains why my ticker says 0 lbs lost. Since February, I have brought myself back to the weight that I was at last August. 11 lbs of those were lost within the last month. I'm on it. I am going to weigh in again on Monday and see where I'm at. I'm excited because this has been an awesome week so far.

I currently have my goal at 1520 cals a day and I try to exercise daily - but only five of those days are full-on workouts. The other two are generally a 40 minute walk with the dog (which I do everyday).

I would love to be support for you. It also helps me a lot :)
    I will send you a friend request!

Jean
  • purplebowties
    Options
    Thanks guys! You two are awesome and I'm sure will do great work! I look forward to motivating each other and hopefully talking to you both more!
  • KScott927
    KScott927 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How's your journey going Purple?
  • bbardwell0916
    bbardwell0916 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi purple! Kudos to you for doing 1200 but I couldn't do that lol I had to go higher to 1600 because I wasn't getting enough energy and then working out. I try working out early in the morning before my girls wake up for school and daycare. Its a little me time I guess :drinker: Anyways, I hope we can motivate each other and work together to reach our goals! :flowerforyou: Good luck! Boxing sounds like so much fun too! Feel free to add me anytime. I'm normally on everyday. :happy:
  • rpc3k
    rpc3k Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello MFP family! I just want to share a couple of things that have help me reach some of my goals. I try to live by the three D's...Dedication, Determination and Discipline. Whatever lifestyle change you make just make sure to stay focus, willing to do it and stick with it long enough to see results. Nothing happens overnight so give your diet and fitness plan at least 21 days before getting frustrated. Throughout the week put a little effort and sacrifice to avoid all the fast foods and enjoy a cheat day on Saturday. Trust me, you will enjoy it a lot better when you have put in the hard work and reward yourself with a that Hawaiian Pizza. Remember to hit cardio everyday 30-45 mins and eat lean.
    Good luck to all!!