Please help - I need a support group!!

Options
I need some online friends to help with this! I found the site last year, but just started actually using it within the last couple of weeks and really like it! I am happily married with 2 children and need to lose 10 pounds (although 15 pounds would be better :happy: ). I am a teacher and my students (HS and adult) all know that I love sweets - they sometimes bring me yummy stuff so I had to tell them I'm really going to start eating healthier (turned down a carmel brownie last week!).

I have P90X and tried doing it last year, but didn't really commit. Am going to start again next week and am ready to really commit. I have also given up soda so that I'm forced to drink more water, and am cutting waaaay back on the sweets. I think I'm going to need a lot of motivation to keep it up!!

It's hard with the people I know because a) my husband supports me 100% in whatever I want, but he never gains weight no matter what he eats and it annoys me if he asks me if I exercised... yeah, I know it shouldn't! &b) if I say anything to others they ask "why" I'm trying to lose weight. I know I'm not grossly overweight- but would just feel better to lose the extra weight I've put on the last couple of years and also know I would be healthier if I exercised on a more regular basis!

Please help - I need a support group!!

Replies

• DoralisM
    Options
    U can count on me for support! Welcome and good luck on your weight loss goal:flowerforyou:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,424 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'll send you a friend request. While I'm a little older than you (47) I also have 2 kids and a husband who eats whatever and I'm looking to lose another 6-11 lbs. (It was only 5-8 until I gained this week :grumble: ) I'm in 2 Valentine's Day challenges that are try to lose 10 lb.s by 2/14. It's motivating to see how others are doing (some are amazing!) and when you put it out there in black and white it helps keep you more on track. good luck, this is an amazing resource!
  • Giantpanties
    Options
    :sad: :embarassed: I would love some support too i can feel the weight creeping on me i dnt no were to begin im lost
  • kabenedi
    Options
    Good luck with your goals. Please feel free to add me as a friend too! I am 33, mother of 2 with a full time job as well. I also need support!
    user id is kabenedi
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i'll help! i need support myself. so we can support eachother!
  • livingthegoodlife
    livingthegoodlife Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I like the idea of a Valentines Day challenge (sounds like it might come with a special night out!)- will have to really look at a lot of the different threads. Must admit, it's a little overwhelming.
  • solosky54
    Options
    HI, I was one of those guys who could eat and eat and eat and not gain a pound. My wife has struggled with her weight and I remember telling her, "just don't eat those things that put extra pounds on you. Boy was I naive. This diet thing is really difficult. Now that I am over fifty (56) I am in a situation where I don't like the way I look in the mirror and I have decided t do something about it. However changing a lifetime of bad eating habits is not only tough it is almost impossible. What makes it even more difficult is my inability to exercise as often as I would like due too a bad knee. I will get to my goal and it will require more discipline than I have ever needed. Hang in there I know you can do it....
  • livingthegoodlife
    livingthegoodlife Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You know, I'm feeling really positive right now. It's great to see how many people there are in the same situation (or similar) as myself. I think I'm going to get off my bottom right now and go work out (and drink a lot of water while doing it).

I know we can all do this!!