Just wondering....

kbefit
kbefit Posts: 116
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I just started MFP last Monday and have exercised everyday this week. Tomorrow I weigh in for the first time. I woke up this morning sick as a dog. Stuffy nose, watery eyes, coughing...you get the picture. Do you think it would be OK if I skipped the work out today and just laid in bed or should I force at least 30 minutes of it? I really want to do this whole thing right!

Replies

• shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    dont worry bout working out just get rest but watch what you eat..
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Nope I wouldn't force it myself. If I am sick I will rest. Its ok to rest, especially when your body asks for it.

Good luck tomorrow!
  • Oh goodness...I hope you are not getting what I have had for the last week. Personally, I would not exercise knowing how drained I was just walking from my bedroom to the bathroom. Take a day off. Drink lots of fluid. Get some rest.:happy:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    you body needs a recovery day anyway. My daughter is a Olympic weightlifter and she even gets Sunday off. I told her i was finally getting it together again. She goes to the training center 9 times a week. But you do need 1 day off
  • When your body is sick it is asking for a rest. Take a few days off the exercise. I personally do a two day on/ one day off training programme. That way I work out 4days one week and 5 the next! Works out well for me! Take a rest, get plenty of VitC and next week you can start again! x
  • kbefit
    kbefit Posts: 116
    Thanks so much for the help and advice everyone. I will rest then. I was sick in early December, got well and now sick again. I work with kids everyday and I think my germy little friends are sharing their wealth! :happy: Today is chicken soup (low fat of course) and lots of water! Thanks again!
  • Hope you feel better soon! x
  • Don't even think twice about staying in bed! Be patient with yourself - you'll get the weight off. Just take care of yourself for today. Hope you're feeling better. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.