Accountability

Options
So I joined about a month ago. Hoping this will help me be accountable. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Really thought a nutritionist would help. But that support is limited. So here I am. How do you all do it?

Replies

• Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Read the boards for a bit and you'll see there are a thousand different ways to 'do it'. For me just starting with logging what I eat and do for the first few days was a good way to start - just doing that helps teach you a lot about portion sizes and what calories are 'worth it' and which are not. While doing that read the boards (always with a grain of salt - every one has an opinion of the 'WAY' it should be done but very few people are experts and every body is different) and see what stuff makes sense to you and seems like something you can incorporate into your life.

A few 'hot topics' that you'll need to decide which side of the fence you are on: 1200 calories - too low or ok? Clean eating - a must do or cutting calories is enough? Fruit sugars - ok and shouldn't be counted towards your 'sugars' for the day or to be avoided? Cheat days/meals - ok or not? How often should you weigh - daily or weekly or never, take measurements instead? Exercise calories - eat them back or not? etc etc etc!

Lastly, be ready for things to not make sense some days - you'll gain when you know you ate perfectly, you'll lose when you sat and watched tv all day eating pizza and ice-cream, you'll stall, you'll 'slip', and other crazy things will happen. A single day does not define you and your weight - its the trends that will decide if you succeed or not.

You can do this!!
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Only someone who actually has power over you can hold you accountable - that means the only person on MFP who can hold you accountable is...you.

You're asking for the wrong thing...