once more with feeling!

Options
Hello fellow dieters! I am Musetta. I am 52 years old and I have been between 80 and 100lbs overweight since 1994 when my third child was born. Before that I weighed between 135 - 150lbs and wore a size 8-10. I have tried and failed every diet known to man. I even had a personal trainer threaten to quit her career because she had never seen anybody work as hard as I did and lose NOTHING despite strict diet and exercise. I do not eat fast food or fried foods or snack foods.
I currently weigh 232lbs. I was recently shocked into the realization that I was too fat to comfortably sit in a seat on a plane. I was miserable for the entire flight - both ways - and decided that enough is enough. So I begin again, once more with feeling, in the hopes that this time will be different.
My plan is to keep track of everything - weight, food intake, exercise, measurements - on this site. I will eat Yoplait yogurt for breakfast M - F. I will be eating ONLY Lean Cuisine for lunch M - F and for dinner M - R. On the weekends I will eat at home and/or at restaurants. I will do my best to eat smaller portions of healthy options at home and in restaurants. I will not give up chocolate, but I will cut back from a candy bar a day to a couple Dove squares once every few days. I will give up ice cream and desserts. I will walk briskly at least 3 days per week for at least 30 minutes, more if I can.

Replies

• runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    You are one determined lady! I had the same thing happen with my weight after my second child was born. I ballooned to over a 100 pounds overweight and felt so ashamed and hopeless and, yes, uncomfortable physically as well. I'm sending you a friend request because I'd love to be a support system for you!
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you've had such difficulty!! Just make sure your caloric intake isn't TOO low.... you don't want it to be below 1200, because then you just might not lose any weight (your body might hold onto what it's got!) Sometimes a bit more is better than a bit less!! Good luck!!
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow dieters! I am Musetta. I am 52 years old and I have been between 80 and 100lbs overweight since 1994 when my third child was born. Before that I weighed between 135 - 150lbs and wore a size 8-10. I have tried and failed every diet known to man. I even had a personal trainer threaten to quit her career because she had never seen anybody work as hard as I did and lose NOTHING despite strict diet and exercise. I do not eat fast food or fried foods or snack foods.
    I currently weigh 232lbs. I was recently shocked into the realization that I was too fat to comfortably sit in a seat on a plane. I was miserable for the entire flight - both ways - and decided that enough is enough. So I begin again, once more with feeling, in the hopes that this time will be different.
    My plan is to keep track of everything - weight, food intake, exercise, measurements - on this site. I will eat Yoplait yogurt for breakfast M - F. I will be eating ONLY Lean Cuisine for lunch M - F and for dinner M - R. On the weekends I will eat at home and/or at restaurants. I will do my best to eat smaller portions of healthy options at home and in restaurants. I will not give up chocolate, but I will cut back from a candy bar a day to a couple Dove squares once every few days. I will give up ice cream and desserts. I will walk briskly at least 3 days per week for at least 30 minutes, more if I can.

Have you had your thyroid tested. That may be part of the problem of eating and exercising without seeing results. Just a thought.

Good luck with your new goals. We are here to support you 100% of the way!
  • melodramababs
    Options
    once more with feeling,

Best of Luck!
    (I'm not the only one who is hearing BonJovi in her head, am I?)