Oatmeal topping ideas?

Options

Replies

• Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Coconut flakes and walnuts; plus blueberries on top for a pretty bowl.
  • Chellody22
    Chellody22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon, honey and strawberries.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas later
  • p1ppers
    p1ppers Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    A Tablespoon of mini chocolate chips or Nutella, a crushed cookie or graham cracker, a chopped up apple with cinnamon or some applesauce, any planters mixed nuts energy, nuitrition, heart healthy, digestive all are good, dried fruit like cranberries, blueberries, or dried fruit trail mix, and any kind of cereal like granola, cheerios (peanut butter, chocolate, frosted, they all work). p.s. I love pancakes too (pumpkin, turtle, chocolate chip, cinnamon roll, oh baby):laugh: :smile: :laugh: :laugh:
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Try this site, TONS of oatmeal ideas: www.theoatmealartist.com

Amazing oatmeal or oatmeal based recipes. Seriously. You could have a different oatmeal for months.
  • dmorinn
    dmorinn Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    mix protein powder and cinnamon and chocolate chips with the oatmeal, with almond milk and put in the microwave then I add hemp and flax seeds and berries and bananas :)

look up the "proats" tag on instagram, great food ideas
  • apple_22over7
    Options
    I stew up some fruit at the weekend, keep it in the fridge and dollop a spoonful onto my porridge/oatmeal every morning, along with some greek yoghurt. Then like a child, I mix it up in the bowl so it becomes a creamy fruity oatmealy mess. Stewed blueberries are the best as they turn the oatmeal purple :D

Dried fruit & cinnamon works well on a cold day too. I've used mincemeat in the past at Christmastime for that festive feeling.

Any kind of jam (jelly) is usually a winner.
  • stephy3152
    Options
    You should check out Derek Howes The Protein Chef on YouTube. He uploads tons of really great recipes. Here's the link for oatmeal ideas. The S'mores PROTEIN Oatmeal Recipe (High Fiber/Proats) recipe looks amazing!

• Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    - Blueberries, Maple syrup, and pecans
    - Peaches, Pie Spice, and pecans
    - Chopped Apples, Cinnamon, and walnuts
    - Any of the Overnight Oatmeal recipes on The Yummy Life web site.
    - Strawberries and almonds
    - Raspberries
    - Pitted cherries and almonds
  • LifterDave
    LifterDave Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I really like mine topped with dark brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and chopped mixed nuts.
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    A cup of frozen berries with a tbsp of peanut butter mixed in. I microwave that for a minute......and voila........breakfast is served!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I cook mine with almond milk. Then in a separate bowl I have two tablespoons of peanut butter and half a banana and mash it up and add a dash of vanilla extract. Then I mix half the cooked oatmeal in and blend it up. Then add the other half of the cooked oatmeal and mix it, top it off with the other half of the banana and add a tablespoon of chocolate chips... BEST oatmeal ever (and totally reasonable calorie wise and so filling).
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Almonds, dried cranberries & flax seeds
  • lightemupdc
    lightemupdc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My favorite: A tablespoon of natural peanut butter and strawberries.

This. Natural PB is a must in oatmeal.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I use an instant oatmeal pack, 1 tblsp protein powder, 1/4 cup nuts and seeds, and a banana, plus a quarter cup of 1% lactaid milk
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    try better oats blueberrie 160 cal very good
  • sandybeachy
    sandybeachy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow these sound really good! I'm going to have to make some oatmeal in the morning! Anyone make it the night before?
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese + maple & brown sugar oatmeal

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • woodsidemember
    woodsidemember Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, a few chopped walnuts and sliced banannas!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Bacon and a little splenda.