lol
  • SueDalo
    SueDalo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Horrible form, and what is the point?
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    But you guys, if I were hanging off the side of a ledge, I would pull my body up just like that as many times as I could in two minutes.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    How is his form?

tumblr_mwlexos0Ks1s1bdg8o1_400.gif
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    How is his form?

Holy crap! That's awesome.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Can't stand kipping. I did a crossfit work out on the weekend which required 100 pull ups, not all at once mind you, but I didn't kip any of them. Seems pointless to me. I do the exercises because they are hard to do and test my body, I don't want to cut corners to make it easier. What is the point in that???

And Frank Medrano is a beast (a vegan one at that)
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    How does the kipping thing work?

I just tried to do a kipping pull-up and ended up just wriggling like a spaz for a few seconds then straightening up while pulling and doing a regular pull-up...
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    How does the kipping thing work?

I just tried to do a kipping pull-up and ended up just wriggling like a spaz for a few seconds then straightening up while pulling and doing a regular pull-up...

essentially you use momentum, not strength to do the pull up, faster you go the easier it is, as long as you stay controlled. I would never do them though. If you suck a pull-ups do negatives or assisted real ones instead.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Crossfit...cuz I want to be good at exercise.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    How is his form?

I watch his Youtube videos with him and his wife. They do amazing bar work and are vegans. Impressive stuff.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    How is his form?

I can't stop watching... it's sooo... amazing... and his muscles look so perfect I would almost believe they are photoshopped and not real...

edit, because of the awesomeness I couldn't focus on spelling.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    OH-BOY-ITS-THIS-THREAD-AGAIN.jpg
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    frabz-oh-you-built-a-sarcastic-meme-to-offer-your-opinion-You-must-hav-7f556c.jpg
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I'm a Crossfitter and I have never done a kipping pull up. I can't even kip really, because I haven't worked on it. When I do pull ups, I do strict pull ups and I use a band to assist me if I need to. It sucks to be the only guy using a band, but eventually I'll get to the point that I don't need it anymore. I just haven't been able to buy in on kipping, but I love everything else about CF.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Can't stand kipping. I did a crossfit work out on the weekend which required 100 pull ups, not all at once mind you, but I didn't kip any of them. Seems pointless to me. I do the exercises because they are hard to do and test my body, I don't want to cut corners to make it easier. What is the point in that???

And Frank Medrano is a beast (a vegan one at that)

I just looked him up. He is definitely a beast!
  • PRMinx
    Options
    I'm a Crossfitter and I have never done a kipping pull up. I can't even kip really, because I haven't worked on it. When I do pull ups, I do strict pull ups and I use a band to assist me if I need to. It sucks to be the only guy using a band, but eventually I'll get to the point that I don't need it anymore. I just haven't been able to buy in on kipping, but I love everything else about CF.

^ All of this. We do strict or assisted at my box. And there's a couple guys who use bands in my class, so you are definitely not alone. :flowerforyou:
  • PRMinx
    Options
    frabz-oh-you-built-a-sarcastic-meme-to-offer-your-opinion-You-must-hav-7f556c.jpg

Aren't we touchy.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options

Aren't we touchy.

Nice snatch