Let the game begin...

Options
New to the site. 47 years old. Wonderful wife and two sons, 14 and 17 yo. I used to be quite active. Sports and hunting have finally taken it's toll on my knees. Looking at a knee replacement in 6 months. The bad knees have reduced my activity level to the point that weight piled on making knee pain even worse. Time to shed it. Hopefully with common sense eating I can reduce the joint strain a bit and be around a little longer. At about 330 my goal is to lose around 100lbs. Looks like a great place to assist me with my goal. We are all in this together.

Good luck to all of you.

Replies

• schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You've made a good choice starting with MFP to help you with your journey!
  • nebout
    nebout Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm a newbie too, All the very best of luck to you, stick with it, and stick with us and maybe all together we can make it. x
  • shannielou23
    Options
    I'm new also, not new to losing weight, but new to the site. If you are mentally ready and willing I know you can lose the weight. It takes focus and drive and you sound like the kinda guy who can! Welcome! We can lose weight together
  • KevKidd
    KevKidd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Newbie here also, Good Luck!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you too. I've lost 250lbs over the past 3 years and it was hard but the last 30 was just not coming off. I joined this site and now I've only got 10 to go. I found using this site I'm much more focused (I realized I was getting sloppy with calorie counting) and the support is great. Helps to read what others are going through and get the occassional pat on the back.

So its going to take work and dedication, but you can do it. My "go to" mantra has been: IS THE CHOICE I'M MAKING RIGHT NOW MOVING ME CLOSER TO OR FURTHER FROM MY GOAL?
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great place to be. I joined July 4, 2010 and have lost 61 pounds. Lots of great info and support here. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend, we can help motivate each other.
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I found this site through a friends and it is great for accountability. You have to also realize that if you go over that everyone does sometimes and not to give up. Also, try measuring yourself and keeping track of measurements. I'm not losing many pounds but I am losing a few inches. That keeps me motivated. Good luck!
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • triciary1223
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too! And have heard great things about this site! So far, I think it is awesome! I'm almost 37, married mom of 3 kids (8, 6, and 4). I've lost 75 pounds since I started trying to do so in 2007, and am hoping 2011 is the year I shead the last 15! I'm excited about using the tools on this site to boost me over the hump and keep me accountable. Good luck to all! :-)
  • Curt2u
    Curt2u Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for the great welcome and encouraging words. Your stories of success make me very excited and hopeful about achieving my own goals. Thanks again and keep up the good work.