anyone drop sizes?

Options
Anyone drop maybe 6 jeans sizes in 3+ months, with a lot of exercise (e.g., strength training, circuit training, zumba, etc...) and good eating plan.

Replies

• perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I think trying to drop 6 jean sizes in 3 months (+ how much) is way too aggressive. I am trying to drop 5 in total and I am down 3 since January.
  • candylandicous
    Options
    Yes I meant 3, my bad!
  • skinnyginny792
    skinnyginny792 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I can't really tell if I've dropped a size but my clothes that i have fit better. I'm still a little anxious about not moving the middle fat out of the way but my mom and I have started exercising for strength...I have a knee problem and she has a back problem.
    this ap has been THE WAY TO GO for me. I quit my retail job in November (the week before black Friday...yikes!) and didn't "diet" until after Christmas (I was still basking in the free time I had)
    Then there was a stomach flu and I injured my knee! AAAiiee!
    Fortunately my mom and I encourage one another and we are doing better and not eating after 7 and I'm only going for one pound a week.
    Good luck! I've lost 20 lbs so far.
    Going for 125. If I lose much past that I will look too gaunt I think!
  • skinnyginny792
    skinnyginny792 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I also spent 1200 bucks with BodybyVi which did NOT work for me. Also, I spent a lot of money with a diet thing called "ADvocare" and it didn't help me either. Old fashioned calorie intake that measures all this stuff for me is what worked. my mom and I also got a food scale.
  • candylandicous
    Options
    Yes my clothes have gotten a lot loser aswell, I have managed to lose maybe 14 inches all over since febuary, but that was really just without a healthy diet and almost no exercise. Since then, I've been kicking up my game and exercising while maintaining a healthy diet since mid may, and hope to see better results! Couldn't agree more, I've trued those kind things (herballife) Never really worked for me either. indeed measuring all the stuff is the way to go! =) I don't really have a goal weight, I care more about the inches since they make the bigger difference(at least for me), losing weight would be an added bonus.. =D
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I went from a 16 to a 12 between April and July of 2013. Since then I am now in a loose 10. That tells me what I was carrying was a lot of bloat.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I went from a 14 to a size 8, and I started in late Feb/early March. I have just cut calories, I haven't added any strength because I have been told it's hard to do on a deficit. I may get to a size 6 by the time all is said and done, but I don't think it will happen.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    It's taken me about 6 months to drop from a 14 to a 10.... but i'm on the slow and steady track. Not really worried about how quickly I get there as long as I get there. So that's with an average of 3# lost/month.
  • candylandicous
    Options
    Wow thats still great results!
  • MrsHollingsworthThomas
    MrsHollingsworthThomas Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 3 dress sizes in 5.5 months. I was wearing a size 24 when I started.
    I've lost 42 lbs total and am JUST getting into a size 18.

Of course everyone loses at different rates.
    ALSO, while it might take one person about 15lbs to lose a dress size (like me), some people might drop a size with 10 lbs, or 20 lbs, etc.

Oh... and I've been exercising regularly (30-min cardio 5/week and strength training/yoga 2/week) and have been watching caloric intake as well; 1300-1450 calories per day.

Hope this helps.
    Good luck on reaching your goals!
  • tripamy
    tripamy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I find that because I'm 5'8", even when I lose 25 pounds, I only drop one size. I go from a too tight 12 to a nicely fitting 10! Although, I probably should have been a 14 to start, but I was squeezing myself into my size 12 clothes! So maybe it's two sizes!
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I started last April(2013) a TIGHT size 16...now I'm a sz 6! :)
  • Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have the same doubt...thanx girls!
  • candylandicous
    Options
    wow! those are amazing results guys
  • guardianwill
    guardianwill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Greets,

I have dropped from a 58" to a 30" in 9 months. One more inch and I will literally be half the size I was which will happen soon.
  • candylandicous
    Options
    damn! that's really great, 28 inches !
  • MzNurse6870
    MzNurse6870 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    started at 26 now 20
  • beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I went from a 10, which was getting tight, to a 4 from mid October 2009 to mid Feb 2010 so... 4 months for 3 sizes.
  • trinibabe069
    trinibabe069 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    March 2014 I was a size 17 ( 3 mths pp) and June 2014 I'm a size 9 with just diet and exercise.
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Started at size 26 in July 2013. By December I was a sz 16, and am now a 10. Happy here, but I may go down another size yet!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!