Here we go again...for real

Options
Hi, I'm Danisia and I'm new here. Well, not really. I WAS new here a year ago but I wasn't really ready to make the necessary changes in my life that would allow me to be accountable to something like this. But now things are different and I'm ina much better place. Not just to lose weight but to change my life...because that's the ultimate goal right? Losing weight is only a small part of the issue. I could be small and still struggle with depression, anger, bitterness...the list goes on. Once upon a time I believed that being a certain size would cure all that ails me, but I've learned that just like money- it won't buy me happiness. So, here I am, being vulnerable-truly vulnerable- and accountable in a way that frightens me sometimes and inspires me at others. It is one of my first few steps on the road to what I believe will change the way I think, the way I feel and the way that I look at my life and my future. There's still a lot to be done but I'm taking it one day at a time...one step at a time. One down...99 more to go.

Because of Christ,

Danisia
"He has made all things beautiful, in it's time..."

Replies

• fitmom125
    Options
    Nice intro danis, welcome back!!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. It's a great place to be. I enjoyed reading your intro. I too thought that being a certain size would solve all of my problems and sadly realized that I needed to make other changes, not just my weight. I joined MFP on 7/4/2010 and have lost 61 pounds since then. Lots of motivation here. Good luck on your weight loss journey. As for me, it's a lifestyle change, no longer a diet. Feel free to add me as a friend, we can help motivate each other.
  • shihtzuallie
    shihtzuallie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I can relate as I am sure many can. I am new to the site but not new to the quest. Feel free to add me if you wish.

Ecc 3:11 :smile:
  • jenlen65
    jenlen65 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You hit the nail right on the head. As a fellow sister in Christ, I understand exactly how you feel. I've been there and done too many times to count. I'm in it for real this time too!!! I'd like to be your friend if you don't mind. Fight the good fight! Many blessings!!

Jen :flowerforyou:
  • danisia80
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome...already it's feeling like a wonderful place to be and I am extremely encouraged. I know I made the right decision!
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're in a good place right now! :) Good luck on your journey!
  • pitapieface
    Options
    It is nice to "meet" you. Good luck!