My first progress pics!

Options
andreamaym
andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
When I first started using MFP in April my goal was to lose 5lbs and to clean up my eating (I am hopelessly addicted to sugar). I spent a lot of time reading through the forums, gathering information about the different ways people have changed their lifestyles in order to be happier and healthier.

After some time I realized that my goals were more closely alligned with individuals who were trying to GAIN weight. Reading threads about women who lift and going through photos of their amazing results really inspired me to change my goals. That being said, I am a bit of a workaholic and don't have hours to dedicate to the gym. Then I came across a thread about Jillian Michaels and the 30 Day Shred. I was in awe of the results, to say the least. And since the workout is only 30 minutes long, I decided to set my alarm for 5am instead of my usual 5:30 and give it a go.

As of this morning I am halfway through the program (Day 15) so I figured I would take some progress photos to see if I could notice a difference. I am VERY happy with the results! I also feel fantastic. So here are the pictures!

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/verticalstripes/Mobile Uploads/05145753-aa4c-49d9-afbd-fed0e380cab0_zpsa47b8c69.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/verticalstripes/Mobile Uploads/863ec979-bbaf-4611-8af9-62e22403acb2_zps7895eb66.jpg[/img]

I'm 5'8" and my starting weight was 125lbs. I'm taking a break from the scale until I complete the full 30 days. I took 2 rest days, so this progress is actually after 17 days. And of course, I have been using MFP to track my calories and have been doing my best to make healthy food choices. I'm pretty excited to see what Day 30 will look like! I can't really decide which JM workout I'd like to try next and am very open to suggestion (:

Replies

• LauleaAliyah
    LauleaAliyah Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good job! Noticeable difference!! :)
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Omg hi! :flowerforyou: Awesome work! Glad to see you found something that works for you. I still haven't jumped on board the weight gain train, but I'm proud of you.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look wonderful ♡
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    wow seeing your results, especially in the tummy area, really makes me want to do this workout! I have the ripped in 30, maybe ill give that a go! Congrats on your results!! Keep it up.
  • Twignasty
    Twignasty Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Definitely see the difference! Keep up the hard work!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Wow.....your mid section has really pulled in and in only two weeks! Well done.
  • Justin1434
    Justin1434 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Nice job :)
  • jennygillott
    jennygillott Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great progress! I have been doing 30 DS for about 4 months now. It's short enough that I can fit it in nearly every day, and I tend to just rotate through levels 1,2 and 3, depending on what I feel like on the day. Nothing to say you have to stop after 30 days. And if it works, why fix it, I say.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You look great!! And, in such a short time. Nice job!
  • dpdora13
    dpdora13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! Well done!!
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    great work lady !
  • andreamaym
    Options
    Omg hi! :flowerforyou: Awesome work! Glad to see you found something that works for you. I still haven't jumped on board the weight gain train, but I'm proud of you.

Thank you! I'll be sure to let you know if/how much I gained after the 30 days. I figure if I see the scale increase it may discourage me, so I'm just tracking my progress based on how I look and feel (:
  • andreamaym
    Options
    Great progress! I have been doing 30 DS for about 4 months now. It's short enough that I can fit it in nearly every day, and I tend to just rotate through levels 1,2 and 3, depending on what I feel like on the day. Nothing to say you have to stop after 30 days. And if it works, why fix it, I say.

I will definitely do 30DS again! I follow Anita for some moves right now. I would eventually like to be in a position to do the advanced moves for every level!

My desire to try something new stems from the fact that I am soooo clumsy/uncoordinated and my balance and flexibility are both lousy. I think working on that will help me improve my workouts!
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Great results so far! Congrats on your hard work :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!