Would love some friends who have humor and support

Options
jewelryS
jewelryS Posts: 24 Member
I am looking to make some supportive friends. I joined the site in April but did not actually start using it until this past week. I have been eating healthy for over 2 years, added Pilates about a year ago, then cardio about 7 months ago and now strength training about 10 weeks ago. In all this, I dropped about 6 lbs. when I made my food lifestyle change, and then dropped about another 4 lbs. after adding the Pilates but I have not seen a whole lot since. I unfortunately had a terrible reaction to CLA, which I was taking as part of a supplement packet, so the past 6 weeks I have been gradually been working off the 7 lbs. that put on, along with getting all the other issued cleared up that it created.
It would be great to make some friends who have struggled through some of the same things, individuals who can share not only enthusiasm but also some knowledge. Most of all positive good-humored people because I love to laugh! There is nothing better than sharing a moment of complete idiocy with friends! You know that moment when you realize that you ate the entire bag of chips and for some reason you thought those pants where going to fit the next day. Trust me I am not quite 5’ 2” and if I so much as look at the wrong food I gain 5 lbs. and go up 2 pant sizes.

Replies

• Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Well, you've joined the right place! I'll send a friend request. :)
  • christsinstrument
    christsinstrument Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What kind of reaction to CLA? I've never heard of it causing a problem...
  • jewelryS
    jewelryS Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    CLA is basically Omega 6. Our bodies need a very minimal amount too much can be harmful. Or you can be me and have a system that has high medication sensitivity so even a supplement like CLA can cause and issue. I had been taking the packet dosage for 3 months and my C-Reactive proteins sky rocked and I developed circulatory problems along with high water retention and about 7 lbs. of body fat. The inflammatory reaction caused issues with my endocrine system, including a huge jump in my cholesterol in just 4 months and so on. Basically I was the 1 in 100,000 that had everything that could go wrong. This is a fat soluble supplement so the endocrinologist told me I will be cleaning out my system for a while. I have blood work tomorrow to see how I am progressing. Last week my TSH was actually a massive difference on the good side. So my recommendation read up not only on the benefits but the side effects.
  • DotPett
    DotPett Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am clueless about what CLA is, but I have a sense of humor and love to chat! Feel free to add me
  • halfpintpeggy
    halfpintpeggy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me sister!
  • christsinstrument
    christsinstrument Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! Crazy... I just started taking CLA, which is why I asked. :-O
  • trinacrick
    trinacrick Posts: 41
    Options
    I am also finding friends on here for support and to support. Sometimes I am funny too. :) Semper Fi!
  • lila1958
    lila1958 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Whoa, easy on the supplements!! Hope it all clears out of your system, that is crazy. Feel free to add me, I log on daily and can always use a good laugh..
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    Feel free to add me also. Hopefully you'll make a quick and safe recovery.
  • Jim_G10
    Jim_G10 Posts: 132
    Options
    Got to keep laughing.....

Anyone can add me.
  • mikebooker1
    mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Because I'm happppppyyyyy!!!! Feel free to add me. (btw I know your singing the song now) :happy:
  • maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me! I can be funny when I need to and I'm always supportive! :D

And to all those worried about CLA, it is always best to talk to a doctor first if you know that you are sensitive to medications or if you have a bad medical history within the family. Otherwise it's not a problem at all to take. I have been taking it for years without a problem. Unfortunately, some people such as the OP herself cannot take these otherwise they will get problems. Everyone is different. Have a safe recovery OP!!