Hello!

Options
I am new to this. I have been wanting to get in shape and eat healthier for awhile now. I have always been able to eat whatever I want without any real consequences, but I know this will not be the case forever! As I get older I realize I need to develop better habits when it comes to eating.

My biggest problem is I'm quite certain that I am addicted to Coca-Cola...its my favorite thing in the world. Giving that up is going to be the most difficult obstacle I will have to overcome. I hope I can do it!

Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• chummom4
    Options
    I soooo understand where you are coming from! I am ADDICTED to Dr Pepper.....that is all I drink all day every day. Since I started this last week I have cut my intake down to one in the morning and one at supper....that way I still get what I love but not cutting it off completely. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want to and I will help motivate you if you do the same for me!!
  • jenlen65
    jenlen65 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Brandi I feel your pain girl! I am also a coca-cola fanatic. I haven't had a soda for 6 days. I drink water or get the sugar free singles to add to the water. Soda is just empty calories. Not that you can never drink it again. Just make it a treat every once in awhile!!! Best of luck to you!!!!
  • amethystprincess
    amethystprincess Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Brandi I feel your pain girl! I am also a coca-cola fanatic. I haven't had a soda for 6 days. I drink water or get the sugar free singles to add to the water. Soda is just empty calories. Not that you can never drink it again. Just make it a treat every once in awhile!!! Best of luck to you!!!!

I am with you, I have also just recently went cold turkey on the sodas, I have not had one is 8 days and it has been hard. I worked my first over night last night at work and I made it through the whole night without wanting a coke and I felt great when I got home. But it was hard to because everyone that I work with was drinking one.

Welcome Brandi, you can do this, I have found now that it is getting easier each day not to drink a soda and not to really have a need for one either.
  • brandi2882
    Options
    Thank you all for your support! I haven't had a Coke in 2 days, but my work gives us free sodas. It will be very difficult to skip my Coke for breakfast tomorrow (yes, I drink one every weekday morning!)