zumba - dvd's or wii???

Options
I am wanting to change up my exercise routine a bit and try the zumba. Trying to decide tho between the dvd's or zumba wii. Anyone have any suggestions or which one they prefer more?

Replies

• franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    I have the zumba dvd's they are great I have lots of fun working out with them. I've never tried the wii but I'm sure they are great as well. Good luck and have fun.
  • alisonnorth
    alisonnorth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i have both and i'd say the dvd's no question. though nothing compares to the energy of a live class! have fun!
  • thor9424
    thor9424 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do a class, and it is a blast! I would totally recommend a class as well. I love the high energy and accountability or being in a group setting!
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I want to do some Zumba. I see it advertised on tv all the time. Looks like a great workout. I would like to know if anyone has it for Wii, and how it works out. Good luck to you.
  • back2theIslandbody
    Options
    I have a question about zumbia ... I am dance challanged ... would i be able to do it ..anyone have suggestions !!!
  • 951heather
    951heather Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yes! They break down the dances step by step and they even show you a modified easier version so you can keep on moving. It is so much fun!
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have a question about zumbia ... I am dance challanged ... would i be able to do it ..anyone have suggestions !!!

I am also dance challenged, but I've found the more I practice, the easier it gets. I bought the DVDs, though.. and once I get better at it I'd like to start going to classes.
  • back2theIslandbody
    Options
    ok that sounds ecouraging thank you!! i can to tae bo with out really watching the video (i have done it so many times) and I feel i need a change ... it looks fun !!
  • onemichfox
    onemichfox Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to change up my exercise routine a bit and try the zumba. Trying to decide tho between the dvd's or zumba wii. Anyone have any suggestions or which one they prefer more?
  • onemichfox
    onemichfox Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really like the new Microsoft KINECT...your body is the controller...the sensor reads that it is you...much better thatn the WII (unless you already have that system). They have Zumba as well.
  • punkinbeanie
    Options
    I have the dvd's and so worth the money!! It is so much fun. i dont have wii version but i have wii dance 2 and it is awsome too
  • qtewvgrl
    Options
    I have both, and I prefer the dvd's. The wii is fun, but I think you get a better workout with the dvd;s.
  • AllDayMzAmberJ
    AllDayMzAmberJ Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I also feel like the DVDs are great! It's tons of fun, but like others have said, if you can find a class near you - nothing compares to a live class. I have the Zumba dance video and there is also a Zumba Sculpt video - both are awesome!