Why did it take me so long?!

Options
Hey all

I have just joined MFP tonight and I'm in shock as to how good the site is, and especially as it is FREE!! I was a member of Weight Watchers and paid a monthly subscription in order to use their tracker etc, but have recenlty stopped that, and was over the moon to find a site such as this - it seems that it is an identical service at no cost, I already feel very motivated as I have linked the site to my facebook page, so people are already encouraging me!!

Wish me luck!

x

Replies

• Meganne1982
    Options
    Good luck and Welcome! This site is great!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Yay and Welcome to the site! I love it here, everyone is so supportive and encourages each other.
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    girl you got this!!!! this site is AMAZING!
  • sseus
    sseus Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome. I've only been using MFP for a week, already lost a kilo. I am also impressed with the site and all the tools and support it offers. The mobile phone app is a real bonus too. All the best.
  • saramathers22
    Options
    Aww thanks guys! Is really amazing, and nice to see there is such a good community along with it!

How are you all getting on with it so far and how long have you been subscribers? xx
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I was asking myself that a week ago. I was just about to join weight watchers when found this so have saved myself some money. To be spent on marks and Spencer low fat meals lol
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I LOVE this site!! :love: :bigsmile:
  • annesul
    annesul Posts: 26
    Options
    best of luck!! If you have an iphone download the app, its brilliant and free too!!
  • EJWoolcock
    Options
    Welcome. I was exactly the same - I was going to WW but if there is a way to get it done cheaper, all the better! Plus, I found the WW meetings were getting a bit repetitive and there were too many members at my meeting and I didn't feel supported, I felt like a number This site is great because there is so much interaction and different ideas to look at. Good luck with your journey!
  • tummymummy
    Options
    Yes, I found this through the iphone ap and think its brilliant- I too was considering ww or sw but all the success stories on here show that its not necessary! Good luck!
  • colinmud
    Options
    Hi Sara,

Ive been doing this 1 week tomorrow and i think its great. I have lost 6
    lbs already with the calorie counter and a little exercise lets hope I keep up the good work. Add me as a friend if you want some help...
  • saramathers22
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies!! I actually cant believe how busy and friendly this site is ... I love it :D

WW was good but I got to the stage where I was bored!! At least here I have more interaction and saving pennies at the same time!xx
  • Talliexxx
    Options
    I joined 3 days ago and cant believe how brilliant it is.The support is just amazing too . xxx
  • raiderkiwi
    Options
    Hi Sara I just started a few days ago and have lost a few pounds already! it is an awesome site! feel free to add me if you like :)
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great place to be. I joined 7/4/2010 and have lost 61 pounds. I love this site and I know you will too. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can help motivate each other.
  • bluebeta
    Options
    Hi, welcome aboard. I have been signed in to use MFP since Nov, but just started using it the last week of Dec. The first week I lost 4.5 lbs, but I have made huge changes in my eating habits and am now working out. I am doing the 30 day shred by Jullian Michaels-it's great I've already seen a change in the way my jeans fit and it's only day 9 for me. Anyway enough about me. Glad your here. You are welcome to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Welcome =). Keep working at it and make sure to let us know your progress.
  • colinmud
    Options
    Hi Jayne,

You are a great inspiration to us all especially me. I'm 43 and well lets just say I've lost the size 10 I was only 3 years ago and I'm now a size 18. I stopped smoking and I have also stopped drinking (which I did allot more than I would like to admit). Its only been a week but I've lost 6lbs just by counting the calories and no drinking!!!. If you have any tips I would be grateful x
  • saramathers22
    Options
    I agree, 61lbs...! That is fantastic, let us know your tips :D x