Any breastfeeding mamas trying to lose weight?

Options
How many calories a day do you eat? MFP tells me to eat 1780 to lose 2lbs a week. I have about 80lbs I need to lose, but don't want to neglect my little guy.

You can add me if you want to!

Replies

• PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I eat 1600 and still make plenty of milk for my daughter. I have about 50 to lose. You can also log breastfeeding under foods if you like. It will give you back the extra calories you use to make milk. I used to log mine but no longer do. Whatever calories Alivia is sucking out of me I'll take as a bonus lol.

Good luck and congrats on your baby!
  • Sherrington737
    Sherrington737 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1350 and I add on an extra 500 for breastfeeding. I've lost 20lbs since the end of march so it's working. I've never had a problem with my supply but id just see how you get on. If you're worrried your supply is dropping eat more.

I'll add you as always need friends for support/motivation x
  • Nique85
    Nique85 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 2100 calories a day, so I hope that's not too much to lose weight. MFP gives me 1600 + Breastfeeding calories. I'm only 3 weeks postpartum. So I don't know if it's helping me loss weight or not. I will see at my 6 week check up. Add me if you would like!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 2100 calories a day, so I hope that's not too much to lose weight. MFP gives me 1600 + Breastfeeding calories. I'm only 3 weeks postpartum. So I don't know if it's helping me loss weight or not. I will see at my 6 week check up. Add me if you would like!

You should really wait until your 6 week postpartum check-up to begin any kind of weight loss program.
  • erellube09
    erellube09 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I log breastfeeding under food for 500 extra calories
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Congrats on your bundle!!!
  • Nique85
    Nique85 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

Congrats on your bundle!!!

Thank you!