Food Ideas

Options
Ok so I need to go to the grocery store and i want to get more healthy ideas for lunches, dinners and snacks. I need healthy but taste good. I will talk all the ideas i can get. The easier to make the better:) Thanks

Replies

• lprewett86
    lprewett86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump for good ideas also! :)
  • jenlen65
    jenlen65 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, breakfast food (bacon, eggs) in moderation is NOT bad at all. Cereal is not a bad breakfast choice or a snack choice. Fresh veggies with low fat dressing is also a good snack (hardly any calories in the veggies). Fruits have more of everything than I thought so I eat those sparingly. Also, you MUST get sugar-free fudgcicles. Only 40 cals per pop and they are great for that chocolate attack!!! I've had a more difficult time with the dinner meal finding things. But turkey, hearty salads, even lean meat are good. That has been my experience. I always seem to go a little bit over on protein, though but I've heard other people say that is not a big deal. Hope this helps a little!! Good luck!!! :tongue:
  • Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wheat slims are great for any sandwich or just for toast. I buy the Market Basket brand and they are all only 100 calories, no fat or cholesterol.
  • BreeWilder
    BreeWilder Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love Double Fiber bread and sandwich thins. I also put roasted pepper hummus on my sandwich instead of any other condiments. It is a bit more in calories but makes a plain sandwich taste so yummy and is more filling!
  • Inpjs66
    Options
    Animal crackers are great if you crave sweets! They are light and you can eat 13 for 100 calorie snack! They are a lot cheaper than buying those 100 calories Nabisco snacks at two boxes for 5.00.
  • rugrat200324
    rugrat200324 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Keep the Ideas coming!

Unfortunately I am allergic to chocolate:( we think it is the coco. So i stay clear of that. I do eat white chocolate. When i need something. Its not the same but it works:)
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese, sugar free chocolate pudding, whole grains (rice, bread, cereals, whatever you can find) and spices galore (garlic and cinnamon are loaded with antioxidants), sugar free apple sauce, low fat or fat free cheese, lean turkey or chicken, baby spinach. Feels like I'm making my own shopping list, haha. Sorry.

Hope you find some delicious foods! Good luck!
  • Inpjs66
    Options
    Animal crackers are not chocolate. They are similar to a wafer, but not as sweet!
  • cami78
    cami78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Here are some lunch ideas that I copied all sounds yummy can't wait to try them!

1 low calorie wrap ( 100kcal)
    2 turkey slices (42kcal)
    1 tablespoon lighter than light mayonnaise (10kcal)
    2 teaspoon Ballymaloe relish (20kcal)
    100g grated carrot ( 35kcal)
    Shredded lettuce/rocket
    Option:with homemade filler soup
    TOTAL : 207 kcal

1 low calorie pitta bread (100kcal)
    œ minitub light cream cheese (27kcal)
    2 slice ham (60kcal)
    Gherkins
    Shredded lettuce and cucumber
    + bowl of soup (50kcal)
    TOTAL: 237 kcal

1 small baked potato (130 kcal)
    50g feta cheese (90 kcal)
    1 tbsp pesto (50Kcal)
    Handful of Rocket/Salad Leaves

Baked potato-130 Kcal
    70g tuna in brine- 65 Kcal
    2tbsp sweetcorn- 25Kcal
    1tbsp lighter than light mayo- 11 kcal
    Side salad- 30 Kcal
    Low fat vinegarette
    Total: approx 260 Kcal

Hawaiian salad
    2 slices/ of Ham 40 kcal,
    2 tbsp sweetcorn (25kcal),
    2 pineapple rings cut up (60kcal)
    4-5 cherry tomatoes (40kcal)
    shredded lettuce
    Fat free vinegarette dressing (20kcal) (185Kcal)
    Option 1 slice high fibre cracker bread 30kcal

Feta cheese and veg omelette
    50g Feta cheese 90 Kcal
    Mixed veg- e.g mushrooms, peppers etc.
    2 egg whites, 1 yolk omelette-116Kal
    Drop of semi-skimmed milk- 10 Kcal
    Side salad
    Total 250 Kcal

Sweet chilli chicken salad
    70g chicken- 100Kcal
    2 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce- 60Kcal
    Chinese cabbage
    Mixed peppers
    Cherry tomatoes
    2 tbsp Sweetcorn- 25Kcal
    Total: approx 300 Kcal
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    I just had a buffalo chicken burrito for lunch. Very easy to make. About 320 calories a burrito.

2/3 cup buffalo sauce(texas petes)
    1 pound ground chicken(purdue)
    1 can pinto beans(15oz)
    1 Onion(optional - I barely tasted them)
    2/3 cup weight watchers four cheese italian blend
    8 whole wheat tortilla(ortega)

This ingredient list makes 8.
  • michaelk87
    michaelk87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've got ideas. What I lack is motivation. LOL:laugh:

Often make a tall sandwich (normal meat portion, lots of tomato, lettuce, peppers, etc.) on one slice of bread cut in half, for a "1/2" sandwich. Frankly, I prefer the kick in mustard to the oily taste of mayonaise, so almost always use some type of mustard for a topping.

I travel a lot, so I eat out a lot. One trick I use is to order foods I want and like, but request half in a doggie bag and half plated. The many of us who grew up forced to 'eat everything on your plate' feel guilty sending a plate back to the kitchen with food on it. The side benefit is you can enjoy your favorite meals twice. I'll eat the rest at a later meal.