older women friends needed

Options
Help. I am a young at heart 61 yr old with no health issues except I have slowly gained weight over the past 20 yrs , and more rapidly since the menopause until I was 22lbs overweight.
For past sixnweeks Ive been calorie counting 1200-1300 a day and walking 2-3 miles every other day . Feel better for that but the weight loss is slow, lost 8lbs so far but then this week I have gained 1lb .!!

I would welcome support from anyone in a similar position. I live in north somerset.

Replies

• luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 years young and I'm trying to maintain my health. I log in everyday and follow a 1670 calorie a day eating plan. I exercise but I don't always log my workouts or post my weight loss. if you would like to add me as a friend please do so. I have logged in for over 500 days in a row. I live in New Jersey.
  • salgal33
    salgal33 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ellie I am 46 and struggling with peri-menopause....weight gain being part of that struggle. Feel free to add me if you like! :)
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me- I'm 61, newly retired and I love bicycling!
  • elliebath52
    elliebath52 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Youll be okay, you have recognised it early so if you start reducing calories now you may escape any significant gain. I left it til now, 61, to deal with it but you can adjust year by year.good luck.
  • elliebath52
    Options
    Worlwide pals always welcome, thankyou!
  • elliebath52
    Options
    Thanks billiejaime, not giving up yet!
  • elliebath52
    Options
    Thank you, Athena53, I had an arthroscopy a few months ago and cycling still hurts but walking seems ok, I walked 9miles last Sundays, on the flat so no problems.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 45 and log in every day!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 67 and lost 27 pounds a year ago. I log in everyday and still log because I'm trying to increase my protein. I exercise six times a week - three cardio and three strength training/cardio. It's almost impossible to maintain weight loss postmenopausal. Jusr be patient. It takes time to lose less weight as well as a lot of weight. Feel free to add me a friend, if your diary is open.
  • JulieFinn
    JulieFinn Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be your friend too! I'm 56! :happy:
  • jj1962mfp
    jj1962mfp Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Ellie
    I've just started up with MFP again. I have had WLS but am at the moment without restriction. I'm 51 and live in N.Wilts.
    I log daily and also us Jawbone Up to monitor activity.

Welcome to add me
    Jan:smile:
  • DebinMelbourne
    DebinMelbourne Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Deb and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I turn 58 very soon. I've always been less than 60 kgs (and I'm 165cm tall), but then menopause hit me and I put on about 5 kg around my middle.

As I increased my exercise to bust that weight, I then broke my ankle on two separate occasions. Funnily enough, I don't have osteoporosis. Next thing I know, I hit 78 kg!

It's taken a while, but I'm almost down to 60 kg, my waist is under 78 cm, and I feel so much more comfortable. I record my diet and exercise almost daily, try to stick to 1200 cals until I get to 57 kg, and do all different kinds of exercise. I especially enjoy Pilates, jogging, and walking my German Shepherd.

Please feel free to add me as a friend, anyone.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 45, and as long as you can handle my sarcasm and off color humor, you are welcome to join my band of nutty people. :D
  • doIdaretoeatapeach
    doIdaretoeatapeach Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, seasoned adults! I'm 54, live in the Washington DC area, and started MFP a month ago. I fell right off the wagon during a business trip, but have been back at it for a couple of weeks. I hit menopause a little early, in my late 40s, but honestly, my weight gain has been from eating too darn much and not doing anything about it. I was around 125 lbs in my 20s and early 30s, and would like to get back in that range, but for now would settle for getting into the normal BMI range, which is around 140 at my height.

Deb, my brother is an expat living in Melbourne.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I took a wrong turn somewhere.