Protein powders and shakes

matai808
matai808 Posts: 14 Member
I need to start drinking protein drinks. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Get a Blender Bottle. It mixes whey better than a spoon and glass. Mix and drink them.

I prefer Twinlab but the Six Star stuff you can get at WalMart is okay. Avoid the chocolate flavors. They nearly always taste artificial. Cookies and cream with some ice cold water tastes delicious but don't think it's going to taste like ice cream. It's nutrition.
  • BreeJaxon
    BreeJaxon Posts: 128
    I take a whey protein and get the Sprouts brand, low sugar!!
  • 0nlyM3
    0nlyM3 Posts: 5
    I need to start drinking protein drinks. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I use bsn syntha-6 isolate. Taste great, low in sugar, and great source of protein.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    I like the Allwhey brand that you can get at Walmart....Vanilla Flavour....I blend it with greek yogurt, banana, unsweetened almond milk, honey and cinnamon.....very yummy!!!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    get the cheapest thing that you can stomach.

since protien is the goal, you'd want to figure out how many grams of protien are in the container, so you can compare brands based on cost per gram of protien.

there is a large difference in price and nearly zero difference in results.
  • deadik8drockstar
    deadik8drockstar Posts: 6 Member
    I use the Wheybolic Amplified Extreme 60 from GNC, and instead of using 3 scoops, I use 1 per workout. I do Insanity/weighlifting/triathlon training, and it helps me recover and tone. It also tastes pretty good (vanilla's my favorite), and there are a lot of flavors. I can just mix it with water, so it's easy for me to take some to the gym and mix it after my workout when I'm not going to be home for a while - all the other stuff I've tried tastes pretty bad unless you put yogurt/fruit/milk in and blend them. The huge containers are around $50 at GNC with the member card, and it's on sale buy one get on half off or free pretty often. Two of those has 100 scoops, so it'll last a few months.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    I use NOW unflavored whey isolate & add my own flavoring with fruit, spinach or kale, cacao powder, PB2, vanilla, mint extract, etc. (generally not all at once) and sometimes some stevia powder, honey, or agave to sweeten it up.
  • kkramey1970
    kkramey1970 Posts: 82 Member
    Isopure is good but a little pricey