Not hungry, do I eat?

Options
Last night I ate a snack after dinner, I was still under my calories by around 300 and was not full from my dinner. Now today, when I woke up I am still full from my snack that I had last night. Should I eat breakfast? I don't like to necessarily eat when I'm not hungry... But I don't want to mess up my metabolism.

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Provided there is no eating disorder, if you are not hungry, don't eat.

Keep track of your calories and feel free to go ahead and splurge later with the banked calories.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is not the necessity that some cereal companies would have you believe. It takes a lot more than skipping a meal to slow down your metabolism. Provided you're hitting a reasonable calorie goal most of the time, it's okay to wait.
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm torn how to answer this because you are young and don't have a lot of information on your profile.

My suggestion is to make breakfast with some protein and eat it a little later than usual but don't skip breakfast.

The problem I find with myself is eating under calories feels great because I'm not hungry. But when I am too far under for the day and try to get those extra calories, I get cravings and go over. I think you might be setting yourself up for a trend that will not progress well. Try breaking that by eating a good breakfast and skip the night time snack even if you are under, then eat more in the morning.

Try planning your meals a day in advance and eat them but judge your hunger level for snacks.
  • RLMsFitnessPal
    RLMsFitnessPal Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My rule of thumb is to eat when I feel hungry. If I don't feel hungry, I don't eat. I can usually tell when I'm actually hungry versus when I just have a case of the munchies. I try to think about what my body is really telling me at those times. Sometimes thirst can manifest as hunger. Being tired can also manifest as hunger. You just have to think about what it is your body is telling you.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I always try and hit my cal. target, even if I am not hungry. Why? I am already eating at a deficit, I want to ensure good nutrition, as my health is more important than anything. Rare, rare occasion, no biggie.

Besides I find "hunger signals" untrustworthy. Just my experience over my 70 pound weight loss and maintenance.
  • AxelPrincess
    Options
    Hi there, this can really help you about your question's
    > http://bit.ly/1iVzT3a You’ll also see how this unusual tip allows you to strategically eat the foods you crave most, and still experience the slimmest, sexiest waistline of your life. Plus, you’ll also learn which common foods touted as “healthy” can make losing a single pound virtually impossible for women. Now I totally get it if you think you’ve heard and tried it all when it comes to dieting and weight loss but I completely guarantee you’ve NEVER seen anything like this before and I promise you’re about to be absolutely amazed.