SBF Fitness Challenge August 16

Options
Must be yoga day if I'm up at this hour! So, yeah, three hours of yoga today and maybe some "olympics" walk (walking on the treadmill while watching olympics). I get into it. I did 8.5 miles yesterday. I'm forcing myself to take Sunday off.

I'm going to try a couple more weeks of this (being careful with calories, averaging 8+ fruits/veggies a day, exercising like mad, and one enforced day off a week), and then go see the doctor if I still haven't lost weight. Not losing in 3 months is just a little more than frustrating. I would be fine with 1 lb a month, but nothing? (oh, no inches either):grumble:

Ok, positive. This is my last morning yoga, yeah! I do two more classes on Monday and 1 on Wednesday - sure makes it easy to get my yoga in. Now if I only taught strength training...

Happy Workouts!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Must be yoga day if I'm up at this hour! So, yeah, three hours of yoga today and maybe some "olympics" walk (walking on the treadmill while watching olympics). I get into it. I did 8.5 miles yesterday. I'm forcing myself to take Sunday off.

I'm going to try a couple more weeks of this (being careful with calories, averaging 8+ fruits/veggies a day, exercising like mad, and one enforced day off a week), and then go see the doctor if I still haven't lost weight. Not losing in 3 months is just a little more than frustrating. I would be fine with 1 lb a month, but nothing? (oh, no inches either):grumble:

Ok, positive. This is my last morning yoga, yeah! I do two more classes on Monday and 1 on Wednesday - sure makes it easy to get my yoga in. Now if I only taught strength training...

Happy Workouts!

Mary
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today is weights. And maximum of 30 minutes of cardio.

I'm very critical about my body lately. I will not get on that damn scale, though.

Happy workouts~:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,
    Mary, way to go with the exercise! And Viviakay, glad to hear the scale is still put away!
    I am not sure what I am going to do today. I got severely dehydrated this last week, so this morning I woke up feeling sick, sore throat etc. I think as I drink water today it will clear up.
    I also spotted a little this morning which completely freaked me out. I am trying to remain calm and I should probably lay around and do nothing all day (most days would be fine for this) but my sister is here and I want to get out and do something. I will just keep an eye on it and if I spot more then I will lay down the rest of the day. Not to be too gross but I think it's suppose to be that time of the month when I ovulate so maybe that's why, even though I am pregnant. Just a guess.
    My scale is three pounds off from my mom's digital, so it's not too bad, but I still weigh 150 when I thought I weighed 147. I've been stuck in th 150's since I can remember! But in a year I will be thankful to see the 150's again! lol
    Today's goal: go shopping for a bit. Do some sanding on my son's "new" bed. Don't know if I will do either one. Oh and today is push ups too.
    Alright I'm outta here. Have a good day!
    Melissa
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! :flowerforyou:

I just caught up on yesterday's thread - sorry I missed the conversation. I also have been sucked in by the Olympics. Phelps' medal in the 100m butterfly could NOT have been closer - I thought he had lost it. So he's clearly not unbeatable - he's just amazingly skilled and dedicated and versatile. At first, I thought training 5 hours a day was crazy, but considering how many races and heats he's had to do, so close together, that extreme level of endurance is really a requirement! And he's only 23 - unless he decides to retire, he could be competing at this level for a LONG time to come. Amazing! Dara Torres is also amazing and inspirational - she's been to 5 Olympics and that's with having sat out 2 of them! And whoever was talking about the women's beach volleyball - I already mentioned in another thread how much I'd love to look like Misty May. So fit and strong!

Yesterday I got in a resistance workout in the morning and a walk after lunch. And then a massage last night. :bigsmile: Ahhhhhh.....

Today I am taking it easy (well, not really - I have to get going on my final capstone project for my master's degree!), so will do my pushups tonight and probably leave it at that. Maybe a walk to help me do my 'deep thinking' ... :huh:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hey friends,
    Would you guys sa a prayer for me? I am bleeding some now. I am afraid I may be miscarrying again. I'm going to lay down the rest of the day and do nothing. I'll keep you up to date.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hey friends,
    Would you guys sa a prayer for me? I am bleeding some now. I am afraid I may be miscarrying again. I'm going to lay down the rest of the day and do nothing. I'll keep you up to date.

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: take care, friend. Prayers on the way up.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Hey friends,

Dear Melissa,

:heart: You are in my thoughts and prayers. I have been right where you are and more than once also.:heart: Godspeed
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hey friends,

Sending my best wishes and thoughts for you...:heart:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Melissa... I'm thinking about you! :flowerforyou:

Today...
    2.5 mile fast walk
    lots of water
    cookout tonight (grilled chicken, grilled veggies, & salad).... I'll take it easy on the wine
  • ladyhawk
    ladyhawk Posts: 101
    Options
    Hey friends,

Request done - take it easy and stay in bed:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Hey friends,

I will send my best wishes your way :heart: