2»

Replies

• sarahbellum09
    sarahbellum09 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
  • LadyHouse
    LadyHouse Posts: 7
    Options
    I too need help! I have a problem. I talk all day long about my weight, and wanting to lose it, and then one second later.... I'm eating. I started back on MFP just yesterday, and although, I'm trying to go with the calories, etc.... I'm 'not caring'... but I am! I hate that I can't stop myself.
  • Mindfreak1999
    Options
    Just remember your body is on loan, look after it and you get to keep it longer, abuse it and it will be taken away from you. You have come to the right place for support and help. Good Luck
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    A few things:

In your profile:
    •Life is passing me by and I am not doing anything about it

In your profile:
    Mother of 6

In your profile:
    41 years old

What ended up motivating my 44 year old *kitten*?

I have an only child (a 12 year old boy). He's had 2 open heart surgeries with at least another to come. He's braver than I ever will be. I've been telling the world that I want to live to see him get to middle age, but was doing enough to ensure I would be dead at 50.

In the end, we are the results of the choices we make (good/bad). You choose your mate, you choose your political affiliation, you choose whether to use MFP and its tools, or not.

I chose the chance of a longer life over an early death.

Do this for you. But the side benefit is you'll reduce the chances of a premature death, which your children will likely appreciate.

Feel free to add me if you'd like

Whether you do or not? Be honest with yourself. What you need has to come from within, not without.
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Try to figure out what is causing you to lose focus. Are you depressed? Get treatment for it? Do you really have good reasons to lose? How will you benefit from weight loss? What will you lose besides weight if you lose weight?
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    i struggle daily... i have lots to lose.. i have a mantra i tell myself on a daily basis... NO EXCUSES!!!

good luck to you.. feel free to add me
  • dianastepheny
    dianastepheny Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    When I think of how long my journey is ( need to lose 100 pounds total), it can be aggravating. I feel like it is going to take "forever". Then, I remind myself that " forever" (be it a year or two or more) is still going to go by whether I try to lose weight or not. What shape do I want to be in when that time inevitably goes by ( cause it will, no matter what I do). I just imagine how aggravated I will be after the time passes and I'm just as fat because I didn't have the patience to wait. Honestly, that is the easiest way for me to stay focused. I have always wanted to lose weight to look better, feel better, play with my kids, etc. , but time passing is the reality that keeps me grounded.
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Like quitting smoking,you make a choice every second of every day. Eventually, the seconds turn into minutes, hours, days then months. There is no end, it's continous. Somedays like craving a smoke, craving a favorite food will come on, it's time to choose. I tried to quit smoking many times. One day, I said, NO MORE! I've been smoke free for 26 years. Question is are you ready?
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Like quitting smoking,you make a choice every second of every day. Eventually, the seconds turn into minutes, hours, days then months. There is no end, it's continous. Somedays like craving a smoke, craving a favorite food will come on, it's time to choose. I tried to quit smoking many times. One day, I said, NO MORE! I've been smoke free for 26 years. Question is are you ready?

THIS. THIS. THIS.