Half Dome + Fitness + Positive Friends!

Options
Greetings from balmy Tampa.

I believe that positive energy is important to losing weight. To be honest, in the past I've preferred not to even have "friends," but that's probably because I was a laggard and didn't want people to see "8 bud lights" as part of my standard Friday and/or Saturday diet. I'm not even sure when I first registered, but I have not been tracking squat....until now!

I'm ready to BRING IT and get some serious results. I am in my late 40s, and apart from the extra 25 pounds in good shape. I hike and travel a lot, including about 32 miles in 4 days the Rockies a couple of weeks ago. I have a planned trip to summit Half Dome at Yosemite in a couple of months, which is a whole new ballgame. It'll take 12 hours, and involves an elevation gain of nearly 5000 ft from the valley to summit.....not to mention pulling myself up the last 800 feet by cables. I'm ready to shed 25 pounds to get myself to an optimal level for his hike AND BEYOND.

I'm 100% Gluten Free now (x 1 week), and working out 5 days a week. As a side note, I am feeling better since quitting gluten.

If anyone else is feeling soft in the midsection and benefits from positive energy, feel free to friend me up.

Best of luck to all in their personal quest!

Replies

• CanyonTrekker
    Options
    Should add that I'd also love to hear from others who are Gluten free, or are looking for Gluten free friends. Certainly not necessary to add as friend, but thought I'd mention.

I am going to be a daily logger now too, and will try to inspire!
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I tried gluten free about 5 years ago as requested by my family Dr. as we were trying o figure out what my food issues were. even though going gluten free i was still having reactions to the food i was eating. after allergy testing it was relieved hat i am I'allergic to yeast. Wouldn't you know as soon as I started avoiding yeast which just so happens to be in almost every thing on the store shelfs i stated losing weight. Good luck with your gluten free lifestyle i hope you have great results.
  • CanyonTrekker
    Options
    Thanks, this is the first time I've tried gluten free. I don't think I am sensitive to gluten per se, but just thought I'd try it after reading tennis star Novak Djokovic's recent best seller "Serve to Win." In his book, he talks about how going gluten free helped his focus and energy, so I figured it's worth a shot. I'm finding it pretty easy to stay gluten free, probably because of all the products now that cater to gluten free lifestyle. I can imagine that even 5 years ago when you were doing it that it was much tougher. Thanks for the friend add.