cleanest protein bars you know of.

Options
I'm using protein bars on occasion to satisfy sweet cravings while still meeting my protein minimum. My favorite brand for flavor is Met-RX, the big 100's. The problem is, they have corn syrup in them and the protein is mostly soy, which I'd like to avoid when I can. What's the cleanest bar you know with a protein content of at least 20g?

Replies

• woofer00
    woofer00 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    What's "clean"?
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    The kind that doesn't fall on the floor before you puts it in your mouth
  • 87Djones
    87Djones Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Vega bars
    I usually order it online
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I'm using protein bars on occasion to satisfy sweet cravings while still meeting my protein minimum. My favorite brand for flavor is Met-RX, the big 100's. The problem is, they have corn syrup in them and the protein is mostly soy, which I'd like to avoid when I can. What's the cleanest bar you know with a protein content of at least 20g?

e03in5.jpg
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    'Clean' has so many definitions, there is no possible way to give you a recommendation unless you tell us what specifically you are trying to avoid or trying to include.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I like these. 190 calories, 17g protein, 14 carbs, 8 fat.

image_prodprod1390112_largeImage_X_450_white.jpg
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the fact that they are protein bars precludes them from being "clean."
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about the "cleanliness" of them, then you should consider finding a recipe and make your own. Just sayin.....
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Within the poorly defined terms of clean eating, I find this thread title to be very oxymoronic.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The kind that doesn't fall on the floor before you puts it in your mouth

5 second rule, madam.
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Chicken maybe?

Protein bars by their very definition are a processed food. You're not going to find any "clean" ones.

Theirs tonnes of recipes out their for these nut based protein balls, that's about as close as you're gonna get,
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Beef/chicken/turkey/venison/fish/etc. jerky. 2 ounces (or around 55-60g) will give ya 20+g protein. Make it yourself, then you'll know exactly what's in it.

ETA: Or my favorite protein bar: One chicken "finger". I keep a big container of these made up in the fridge for quick protein add-ins to meals.
  • tomee638
    tomee638 Posts: 64
    Options
    Wow the critics.

Quest bars have been the best in my opinion. They're usually <10 ingredients of relatively normal ingredients.

I also suggest making your own, as I have done, I prefer this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oklhS0fn7qA

Look on YouTube for Michael Kory Fitness and The Protein Chef. They make great protein recipes and they each have a protein bar recipe too.

Either way, in my experience, Quest bars have tasted fantastic for the right macros. I suggest checking them out. I usually buy'em at GNC, a local grocery store, and they're on Amazon.com
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Wow the critics.

Quest bars have been the best in my opinion. They're usually <10 ingredients of relatively normal ingredients.

I also suggest making your own, as I have done, I prefer this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oklhS0fn7qA

Look on YouTube for Michael Kory Fitness and The Protein Chef. They make great protein recipes and they each have a protein bar recipe too.

Either way, in my experience, Quest bars have tasted fantastic for the right macros. I suggest checking them out. I usually buy'em at GNC, a local grocery store, and they're on Amazon.com

^^^^^^^yes
  • MadTownD
    MadTownD Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Check out Kind Bars. I'm a huge fan.
  • mattjft
    mattjft Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Check out Kind Bars. I'm a huge fan.
    pretty sure none have 20g of protein or even double digits
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of quest bars as well. Not as horrible as some of the bars out there and not completely loaded with sugar. I keep a few handy for when I go on hikes. The taste is way better than most protein bars IMO.
  • mattjft
    mattjft Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I also really enjoy quest bars. I havent had one the I have hated yet and ive tried like 7 flavors but apple pie is by far my favorite so far but ive seen almost every flavor listed as someones favorite so its just a matter of what you think you would like instead of what everyone else likes.
  • thinbi
    thinbi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    LOVE Kind Bars.
  • Golightly17
    Golightly17 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I like Quest and Earthling Organics. Clean in that there aren't added sugars or strange chemical concoctions in them.